DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES Division:
DHHS - PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Business Unit:
HR-NNV ADULT MENTAL HEALTH SVC Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 43 Salary Range:
$72,871.20 - $109,849.68 Fulltime/Parttime:
Full Time Recruiter:
LISA D FRIEND Phone:
775 684-0110 Email:
This position is located at Northern Nevada Adult Mental Health Services (NNAMHS) Medication Clinic in Sparks. Mid-Level Medical Practitioners may be either Advanced Practice Registered Nurses or Physician Assistants who provide medical care. The PA/APRN will be responsible for performing the initial patient screening(s), patient history and physical examinations, updating and maintaining accurate and current patient records, scheduling and administering follow-up appointments to patients as required, order test and analyzing test data, and serve as a patient's primary healthcare provider. The successful candidate will work as a team with other APRNs, Registered Nurses, Psychiatrists, and Primary Care Physicians.
NNAMHS Medication Clinic offers Psychiatric, Nursing and Prescription services. Outpatient Services consist of NNAMHS Medical Clinic which provides the initial evaluation for Adults which may include an Medication Evaluation, Nursing Assessment, Psychiatric Assessment, Medication Monitoring, follow-up appointments and need for further Outpatient services. Medication Clinic is open Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant; OR current licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Family Nurse Practitioner or Adult Nurse Practitioner.
Psychiatric Certification - (PMHNP-BC) is required.
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this series must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- Certification or licensure to dispense controlled substances, poisons, dangerous drugs and devices from the Nevada State Board of Nursing and Nevada Board of Pharmacy is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Licensure to prescribe controlled substances from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Current licensure by the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners as a Physician Assistant; licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse issued by the Nevada State Board of Nursing is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and/or Basic Life Support is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Out-of-state applicants must have temporary licensure issued by the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners as a Physician Assistant at the time of appointment; or temporary licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse issued by the Nevada State Board of Nursing at the time of appointment. Full licensure issued by the appropriate Board must be obtained within Board-specified timelines as a condition of continuing employment.
- Current certification of registration or license to prescribe from the Nevada Board of Pharmacy is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
Reno Nearest Secondary Market: