The City of Sedona is a great place to work! As evidenced by our last Employee Satisfaction Survey:
Employees have good working relationships with coworkers - 93% agree
Employees feel the City is a good place to work - 91% agree
Employees feel their work is meaningful and understand how their job supports the city’s mission - 93% agree
Performs a variety of technical and professional work within the context of the programs and activities of the department; provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the department or as determined and directed by the City Engineer.
1. Participates in project management for construction and inspection services and activities of the Public Works Department.
2. Prepares and develops construction specifications and bid documents for public bidding of projects; receives and analyzes bid results; assists with award recommendations to the City Council; prepares a variety of reports and other correspondence.
3. Reviews plans of consulting engineers and private contractors; coordinates technical engineering decisions through technical criteria and standards working with other technical staff.
4. Evaluates existing hazardous conditions and prioritize corrective design work; assists with planning, preparing, and designing a variety of engineering projects such as sewer, drainage, parks, roadway, and other capital improvements.
5. Develops plans, specifications, and other contract documents; manages assigned projects ensuring conformance with contract provisions.
6. Participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and procedures related to the department.
7. Provides staff assistance to department engineers, of higher classification; prepares and presents staff reports and other correspondence as appropriate and necessary.
8. Represents the concerns of the Engineering Division in meetings with other City departments, divisions and outside agencies; contributes to the resolution of difficult and controversial issues; represents the City at a variety of meetings and committees.
9. Represents the City at a variety of boards and commissions; prepares a variety of reports and other correspondence.
10. Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays informed of new trends and innovations in the field of engineering.
11. Answers questions and provide information and assistance to City staff and the general public regarding engineering issues; responds to difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints; investigates field problems and determine solutions.
• Construction practices and their application to a wide variety of civil engineering programs and projects.
• Principles and practices of project management.
• Office procedures, methods, and computer equipment.
• Pertinent federal, state, and local laws; codes and regulations.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
To apply for this outstanding job opportunity, visit:
• Arizona State Retirement System
• 100% City-paid health, dental and vision coverage for employee
• Substantial contributions to health, dental and vision coverage for dependents
• City provided $50,000 group term life insurance
• Short-term disability
• Ninety-six hours of PTO time
• Generous vacation accrual rates
• Paid holidays
• Deferred compensation – Optional IRS 457 plans
• Wellness programs
...and 3-day weekends with a 4/10 schedule!