CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
Under general supervision, the Manager of Grounds, has oversight for all landscape and grounds for the University as a whole. The incumbent, in coordination with the Director, Grounds, Custodial and Events, is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all landscape areas and hardscape areas including parking lots/structures and athletic fields; design and implementation of aesthetic landscape/hardscape areas.
• Manages the area and supervises Lead Grounds Workers, Grounds Workers, Light Equipment Operators, Pest Control Specialists, Landscape Team members, Irrigation Specialists, Equipment Mechanics and Laborers.
• Coordinates with University personnel regarding requests and issues related to the landscape/hardscape aesthetics and grounds areas, events on campus, campus projects and PPM.
• Assists the Director, Grounds, Custodial, and Events with special projects, special event support coordination and can act as lead in the Director's absence.
• As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/362JUy7
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a job-related field preferred.
• Equivalent to two years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience
• Pest control, arborist, horticulture, and/or master gardener certifications preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
• Knowledge of managing, monitoring, and enforcing administrative and financial policies and procedures; and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability and specialized skills to demonstrate diplomacy, cooperation, and willingness to work effectively in a team-oriented environment; maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information; prioritize responsibilities and maintain order when working on multiple tasks.
• Ability to work productively with minimum supervision, while recognizing the need to share information and keep team members informed of salient situations and circumstances; suggest methods to improve existing practices or recommend new initiatives for continual improvement;
• Analyze and project staffing requirements, anticipate material/equipment needs and make appropriate budget recommendations; demonstrate excellent customer service skills; effectively communicate verbally and in writing using proper grammar; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
• Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
• Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $78,000 - $90,000 per year, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• Applications received through August 9, 2021, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California