Description:Salary and Benefits
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $3,897.00/month to $5,474.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
In support of the Athletic Department, the Assistant Facility and Event Coordinator serves as a member of the Athletic Administrative team assisting the Facility and Event Coordinator with the daily facility and event operations of the Athletics Department. Key responsibilities include being on site for events hosted by the Athletics Department, as well as assisting with the equipment room oversight, particularly the planning and execution of necessary laundry operations for the department. Responsibilities Game and Event Coordination:
This position will be the primary executor of home competitions and events.
This individual will be responsible for the execution of pre-and-post game/event production for all CSUEB Athletics activities including but not limited to:
- Game, event, and production set up, tear down, training, and guidance of personnel for all CSUEB intercollegiate athletic teams and special events
- Work in conjunction with the Facility and Events Coordinator to:
- Provide support for the planning the necessary elements of support associated with home athletic competition.
- Provide support for the planning of special events as assigned by the Director of Athletics or their designee
Weekend and evening work is required. This position's normal work week will typically be Thursday through Monday. Equipment and Laundry Coordination:
- Assist with the oversight of student workers and guidance of support staff personnel and working with cross-functional teams to enhance the game and special event experiences.
Perform additional coordination duties under the leadership of the Director of Athletics, including but not limited to:
Committees and Other Duties As Assigned
- Ensuring proper laundering/care for team practice/game uniforms and towels used by the department.
- Ensuring the proper distribution of practice and game uniforms and equipment.
- Maintaining an inventory of all athletics department material/equipment in the area.
- Assembles and maintains equipment; performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance (e.g., replaces basketball nets).
- Repair equipment as needed and/or refer repair to University's facilities maintenance
- Inspects the safety of equipment.
- Leads student workers who support this position.
- Oversee the laundry schedule for all 15 sports and ensure that it's being completed on time. Be in charge of the work study students schedule and make sure they have access to everything they need.
- Works in conjunction with the Facilities and Event Coordinator and others as needed to coordinate maintenance of all athletic facilities and ensure preparation for all athletic competitions and events.
- Participate in the planning of capital projects and other facility renovations for athletics with applicable university departments.
- Participate in the evaluation, development, and coordination of policies and procedures
related to the operation of athletic facilities and event operations.
- Assists Facilities and Event Coordinator with maintaining and reviewing the budget for athletic equipment and event operations.
- Lead student staff in the day-to-day operations of the equipment rooms, and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Serve on pertinent department and campus committees as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of one year of successful operational experience in an intercollegiate athletics setting (or comparable work environment); working knowledge of and ability to apply standard theories, principles, practices, and techniques applicable to the program and/or administrative specialty to develop conclusions and make recommendations; thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to the applicable program and/or administrative specialty; working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques; ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved; skill in the research, development, and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations; expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications. Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively; demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form; ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction; ability to interact effectively with prospective and enrolled student-athletes, coaches, athletic department team members, and university administration; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse student, faculty, staff and community is essential; must possess or be able to obtain a California Driver's License. Ability to lift, carry and/or move equipment of varying size weighing up to 50 pounds. Minimum Qualifications
Requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs. Preferred Skills and Knowledge
Master's degree with an academic background in kinesiology/physical education, sports management or a related field; five or more years of successful operational experience in an intercollegiate athletics setting (or comparable work environment); prior staff supervision experience; demonstrated budget management. Condition(s) of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat. com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled