Hiring range: $40,000-45,000
Workweek Class: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: 5/40
ABOUT ASSOCIATED STUDENTS, INC. - CAL STATE LA
Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) is a non-profit corporation and a recognized Auxiliary organization of the California State University system. Incorporated in 1959, ASI's mission is to serve the student body of Cal State LA by establishing the means to gather student input, insert the student voice in the governance of the campus, provide student leadership experiences and employment, protect the rights and interests of students, and support the educational, social, physical, and cultural well-being of the university community. Visit the Associated Students, Inc. homepage at https://asicalstatela.org/ for more information about student government and the campus environment.
Under the supervision of the Associated Students, Inc., (ASI) Associate Executive Director. The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for assisting in planning and organizing the day-to-day operations of the organization. This position will also assist with various student support initiatives and the development of sound fiscal and operating practices while maintaining accurate records, policies, and procedures.
This position will apply and educate student staff/leaders on specific operating policies and procedures, perform research, prepare reports with recommended courses of action, make in-depth analytical studies and investigations which have broad impact, make recommendations for changes in policy or procedures, and develop questionnaires or complex documents.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Associate Executive Director
• A bachelor's degree is required.
• Equivalent to four years of general office experience, which included providing ongoing work coordination and/or lead responsibilities with notable accountability for the work results of support staff or unit administrative function.
• At least 2 years of office supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of and skill in fiscal management, and reporting.
• Willingness to work with ethnically diverse and culturally pluralistic student body and staff.
• Creativity, high motivation, organization, and coordination abilities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to motivate, advise, and work closely with college students.
• Computer experience (e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Strong organizational skills and capable of multitasking.
• At least 1 year of experience in Higher Education. Experience providing training and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the coordination of various ASI programs, services, and policies as provided for in the ASI Administrative Manual.
• Work with Executive Director and Associate Executive Director to effectively utilize resources and staff by reviewing and assessing long and short- term administrative planning objectives operational policies, accounting procedures, staffing needs and general office services.
• Educate student staff on ASI policies, University policies, California Education Code and Title 5 of the State of California.
• Meet regularly with Executive Director and Associate Executive Director to discuss daily operation, changes, and other procurement needs.
• Assist the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director with other special projects as needed.
• Oversee ASI Executive Officers, Board of Director, and Staff Travel Requests and Travel Claims in a timely manner for review by Associate Executive Director.
• Perform general clerical support for Associated Students, Inc.
• Assist with establishing and evaluating standards of excellence related to office procedures for use of telephones, turnaround times, staff coverage, cross training, and customer service.
• Provide administrative support with all required audit functions and ensure that we meet the required deadlines for the GAAP and Chancellor's Office Audits.
• Assist in fiscal year end closing procedures.
• Coordinate ASI Services to include, but not limited to Locker Program, Textbook program, and ASI Discount Ticket Program.
• Maintain records of ASI Office and Equipment Asset Inventory.
• Assist the Associate Executive Director with the development and management of a system of controls for ASI financial management.
• Assist with reconciling and maintaining accounts receivables/payables.
• Review preparation of Requests for Payment or Purchase (RPP's) and maintain resource, vendor, credit card, product, and administrative files.
• Oversee the processing of Club and Organization funding requests.
Programming and Services Responsibilities:
• Assist in the implementation and planning of various ASI programs, trainings, retreats, and initiatives (e.g., Homecoming, Leadership Retreat)
• Supports planning special events and meetings, coordinates room and catering needs, and food permits.
Student Government Responsibilities:
• Assist with the application process for student leaders and committee membership (i.e. timely collection and distribution of applications, creation of information for BOD review, and posting online, etc.), creating and filing appointment memos, tracking campus-wide appointments, scheduling interviews, and maintaining a committee database with meeting times/dates and committee descriptions.
• Gather background material for agendas, meetings, and special presentations.
• Oversee the transcription of ASI meeting minutes and posting online.
• Assist with the management of all ASI Business E-mail accounts, and website updates.
• Advise and provide support to ASI standing and ad hoc committees.
Student Staff Supervision Responsibilities:
• Assist in the efficient work schedule assignments of student staff.
• Schedule staff meetings and assist with training development Manage Target Safety trainings.
• Participate in the recruitment, hiring, orientation, training, and discipline of ASI student staff.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position has an At-Will employment status. Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of the Associated Students, Inc. and the employee. ASI or the employee can terminate the relationship at any time (which may or may not be subject to a fourteen-day notice).
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily for an employment offer to remain valid. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current ASI employees who apply for the position.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/TITLE IX EMPLOYER:
In addition to meeting fully its obligations under federal and state law, Associated Students, Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment process and (b) perform essential job when this does not cause an undue hardship.
ABOUT CAL STATE LA
California State University, Los Angeles (Cal State LA) is one of 23 campuses within the California State University system. The University is the premier comprehensive public university in the heart of Los Angeles. We offer nationally recognized programs and our faculty have a strong commitment to scholarship, research, creative pursuits, and service.
As a federally recognized Hispanic-serving (HSI) and Asian-American, Native American, and Pacific Islander-serving institution (AANAPISI), Cal State LA recognizes the transformative power of education and embraces its duty to identify and serve the needs of all of its students. The University is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff can thrive.
TO APPLY SEND A COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND APPLICATION TO:
Associated Students, Inc., Cal State LA
Attention: Dena Florez
5154 State University Drive, U-SU Room 203
Los Angeles, CA 90032
RE: ASI Administrative Coordinator
The ASI application is available here: https://asicalstatela.org/sites/default/files/content/upload/2021/08/asi-full-application.pdf
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. A completed ASI Employment Application is required. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the completed application.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California