Description: About CSUSB
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
The CSUSB Student Health Center supports students' academic success by providing high-quality accessible health and psychiatric care as well as health education and wellness services in a safe, confidential, and compassionate environment. Job Summary
Under general supervision, the incumbent manages, monitors, maintains, and evaluates $4 million-plus operating budget, related trust accounts, special project accounts, augmented services accounts, philanthropic accounts, and grants. This includes the Student Health Center, Counseling and Psychological Center (CAPS), at both San Bernardino and Palm Desert Campuses budget. In addition to Human Resource functions and management for the departments.Employment Status:
Full-time, "exempt", probationary position (with the possibility of converting to permanent status).Deadline:
This position will remain open until filled. Applicants will be reviewed beginning September 10, 2021.Work Schedule
- Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Education and Experience
- Working knowledge of and the ability to manage budgets by applying standard theories, principles, practices, and fiscal related techniques to develop conclusions and make recommendations
- Thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and outside regulations about ensuring compliance with the department's fiscal operations.
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Use of appreciable judgment in the development of policies and procedures related to issues frequently not covered by existing policies and procedures. Precedents and policies to guide development activities may be available for reference.
- Use of appreciable ingenuity and innovation to conceive of new approaches and solutions to address complex problems and issues.
- Skill in the research, development, and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications. Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
- Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across various campus departments and groups.
- Ability to effectively compile complex fiscal data, interpret, compose, edit, and present reports, papers, and any other documents as needed for the decision-making process;
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, research, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage relationships with outside entities or agencies and manage sensitive information and situations by maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (including being a good listener) to interact and communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students, and external constituencies, both verbally and in writing.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field e.g. accounting, finance, or business administration, or equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible related experience.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in governmental budgeting and financial operations management and have experience which demonstrates the ability to manage complex projects with a high degree of independence and to exercise sound judgment in recommending viable solutions.
- Experience or knowledge in Data Warehouse, Peoplesoft or PageUp.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting and knowledge of HIPAA and other privacy laws.
- The ideal candidate needs also to be self-motivated; possess excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills; and be able to effectively coordinate and confer with groups and individuals at various levels.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,750.00-$6,084.00 monthly
Classification Range: $4,693.00 - $8,489.00 monthlyStatement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to furthering knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experiences. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination. The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor. Dimensions of diversity shall include but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age. The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to implement effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement. Supplemental Information
A background check (which may include: fingerprinting, checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records, motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements outlined in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled