At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
Under general supervision of the Assistant Vice President for Resource Management and Chief Financial Officer of the California State University, Northridge Foundation (CSUNF), The Foundation Accounting Manager serves as a high-level individual contributor providing accounting expertise. The incumbent is responsible for supervision of and mentorship for the professional development of the Foundation accounting team.
• Manages all CSUN Foundation accounting functions and financial reporting as well as day-to-day business affairs.
• Supports Advancement leadership with financial information and reports and oversees the accounting of the Foundation's endowment investments.
• Provides oversight of activity related to financial and compliance audits and provides excellent customer service to fund managers, development and stewardship staff and the donors, while insuring reports are accurate, timely, and understandable.
• Manages the process for acceptance and tracking of in-kind gifts and collaborates with University Financial Services and the other campus auxiliaries.
• As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/2U8kcpE
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in in Accounting or Finance. Master's degree is a plus.
• Equivalent to two years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience. Equivalent to seven years of experience in Accounting or Finance field required, including minimum of five years of progressive professional responsibility in a lead role.
• Experience with PeopleSoft or other large database financial software and familiarity with nonprofit fund accounting and institutionally-related foundations, strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
• Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); office methods and procedures; statistical and mathematical presentation of data; advanced proficiency with current word processing and spreadsheet software programs, web browsers, query tools, integrated financial systems and/or other types of records management systems. General knowledge of accounting and internal control methods and related laws, rules, and regulations.
• Experience with PeopleSoft or other large database financial software strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with nonprofit fund accounting and institutionally-related foundations.
• Understanding of endowment accounting, including unitization.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task across accounting/financial functions.
• Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
• Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
• Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $85,000 - $90,000, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• Applications received through September 24, 2021 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California