The role of this position is to plan and assume responsibility for providing health and clinical management of common chronic or urgent medical problems, injuries, and moderate psychosocial conditions and to provide triage assessment of the ill and injured patient. The nurse practitioner functions independently and in collaboration with the physicians according to established policies, protocols, and standards of nursing practice . Department Summary
The purpose of Campus Health & Wellbeing is to help students achieve and maintain academic success and lifelong health and well-being by providing timely and appropriate primary and acute health care, disease and injury prevention education, professional mental health, outreach, educational services, and campus consultations. Key Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and experience in advanced primary care principles, practices, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of, and experience in, current medical theories, principles, and procedures applicable to the principles of advanced nursing practice in primary care.
- Thorough knowledge of subject areas and practices related to growth and development, pathophysiology, psychosocial assessment, pharmacology, nutrition, disease management, and the principles of health maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to the practice as a nurse practitioner.
- Ability to work independently in assigned areas of practice established by physicians and protocols.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Two years of increasingly responsible experience as Advanced Practice Nurse in family practice or related field.
Licenses, Certificates, Credentials:
- Certificate from an approved college or university-based Nurse Practitioner program
- Valid and current California license as a Registered Nurse
- Valid and current California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) Nurse Practitioner certificate
- Valid and current California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) Nurse Practitioner Furnishing certificate
- Valid and current California Controlled Substance registration number from the Department of Public Health
- Valid and current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) certificate
- Valid and current Advanced Practice Nurse National certification
- Valid and current basic life support (or higher) cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillator (CPR/AED) certification for Healthcare Providers
Anti cipated Hiring Range: $7,800 - $8,500 per month based on a 10/12 schedule
This position is paid under the 10/12 pay plan, where the salary for 10 months is distributed over 12 months. The salary will be received every month. The incumbent will have July and August off every year (with pay, benefits, and vacation/sick leave accrual continuing through months off). The two months may be July and August or June and December.
Classification Range: $68,280 - $131,748 per year based on a 10/12 schedule Cal Poly
Known for its Learn by Doing pedagogy, Cal Poly is the flagship of the world-renowned California State University system. Annually recognized as one of the top public universities in the nation, Cal Poly continues to offer an academic curriculum based on learned experience gained through real-world practice. Located in San Luis Obispo, Cal Poly is nestled comfortably among the coastal foothills, minutes from the Pacific Ocean and equidistant to the Bay Area and Los Angeles.
Cal Poly offers a best-in-class benefits program, including health, dental and vision insurance, retirement participation in the Public Employees' Retirement System, and educational benefits for eligible employees. See our benefits website
for additional information. Diversity Statement
At Cal Poly, we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. Bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and value systems fosters the innovative and creative thinking that exemplifies Cal Poly's values of free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility.
Cal Poly's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. California Poly is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Supplemental Information
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with Cal Poly. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Cal Poly has designated as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter.
Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo is not a sponsoring agency for staff positions (i.e. H-1B visas). Positions are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled