The Job FIRST APPLICATION REVIEW DEADLINE: JUNE 27, 2021 Apply ASAP for Priority Consideration
(The list established from this recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies) SALARY AND BENEFITS Competitive salary range up to $100,838 annually depending on qualifications Bi-annual step increases of 2.5% up to Step 14 Flexible 9/80 schedule
San Bernardino County's high-impact operating model for HR services empowers the HR team to function as change agents for County and departmental operations. The HR Business Partners (HRBP)
are assigned to the Employee Relations Division
and play a key role as consultants, advisors and innovators alongside County leaders. They are responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated county departments. They foster partnerships across HR functions to deliver value-added service to managers and employees that reflects the department's human capital priorities and business objectives.
The HR Business Partners I
is the entry level into the series, offering a unique training opportunity
to HR professionals seeking to advance their careers in the field of employee relations within a union environment. Upon completion of an up to 18 month training period, successful incumbents are eligible for automatic promotion to HR Business Partner II.Key responsibilities and areas of training include:
- Support departments with employee relations and engagement, strategic workforce planning, policy setting, training and development, succession planning, mentoring/coaching, and coordinate consistent countywide onboarding.
- Conducts regular meetings and maintain open and effective communications with assigned County departments.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, recruitment and retention strategies, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for County Departments and individual executive coaching needs.
The County of San Bernardino has a diverse workforce of approximately 22,000 employees who are represented by 12 employee organizations comprised of 26 bargaining units . To learn more about San Bernardino County's Human Resources Department click HERE
Human Resources is also accepting applications for:
- HR Business Partner II ( $91,166.40 - $123,884.80 Annually )
Please click on the link above or visit our jobs page to apply. A separate application is required for each job posting.Minimum Requirements Education :
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Science, Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Communications/Marketing or a closely related field. Experience : Two years (2)
of journey-level professional Human Resources experience comparable to a Human Resources Analyst I or higher, with primary responsibility for one or more of the following:
- Employee/Labor relations, including advising and representing management on employee/labor relations matters, such as employee grievances, investigations, disciplinary actions, negotiations, etc.
- Modified duty coordination, including conducting Interactive Accommodation Process (IAP) meetings; implementing assignments; modifying jobs to accommodate occupational and non-occupational employee injuries/illnesses
- Benefits administration, including analysis/management of medical, dental, vision, and other benefit plans and health and wellness programs; leaves management; vendor liaison and contract administration; and researching, interpreting and applying Federal and State laws pertaining to employee benefits
- Recruitment and selection, including performing job analysis; working with managers to develop job announcements and minimum requirements; developing comprehensive recruitment strategies; screening and evaluating candidates; developing assessment tools
- Classification and compensation as part of a structured classification plan, including conducting classification, compensation or organizational studies and salary surveys; analyzing salary information and recommending salary ranges; recommending organizational realignment and/or developing new classifications
- Equal employment opportunity, including investigation of employment discrimination/harassment complaints; developing and presenting/training in the area of EEO
- Learning and Organizational Development as part of Human Resources and with responsibility for the development, coordination and delivery of comprehensive, mandated and staff development related training programs to employees organization-wide.
Experience obtained in a government agency or organization with union represented employees is preferred.
Applicants with an acceptable combination of relevant education and qualifying experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities will be considered. Desired Qualifications
Key attributes of the ideal candidate
Selection Process Application Procedure :
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Possess SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
Please complete and submit the online employment application and supplemental questionnaire. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application and/or the supplemental questionnaire. Application Review:
Applications received by June 27, 2021
will be included in the first review/processing of applications; subsequent reviews may be conducted as needed to meet business needs. Apply asap as recruitment may close at anytime once a sufficient qualified applications are received.
To ensure timely and successful submission of your online application, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automatically logged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records.
If you require technical assistance
, please click HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by the computer or browser used to submit the application. The Examination :
Qualified candidates will be invited to participate in the remainder of the selection process, which may include a written test and/or writing exercise covering:
Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process
- Employee Relations: industry knowledge, concepts, and topics
- Interpretation and application of rules, regulations, and MOU's
- Analysis, problem solving, and decision making
- Written communication
Closing Date/Time: Continuous