Application materials will be reviewed in a continuous basis until position is filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment will be used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise (Natividad offers up to a $1,500 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position). Exam#21/72C19/04CR. POSITION DESCRIPTION Natividad is currently seeking to fill one (1) permanent full-time Hospital Maintenance Mechanic.
Under general supervision, operates and maintains technically sophisticated mechanical and electrical equipment; provides training to staff in the use of utilities and equipment; performs miscellaneous repair work as assigned; and performs other related work as required.
Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
- Trouble shoots electrical, electronic (including analog and digital), pneumatic, and mechanical equipment and systems
- Performs operator and preventive maintenance, as specified by manufacturers, on equipment and systems including electrical, electronic, pneumatic, mechanical; varies PM interval as dictated by monitored failure rate
- Performs simple, as well as complete repairs of equipment and systems, as appropriate
- Researches, interprets and applies local, as well as manufacturers' technical data; read and interprets engineering drawings and specifications
- Maintains appropriate work records for compliance with requirements imposed by such entities as: California Code of Regulations, Title 22 (CCR T-22), CCR T 24, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Office of State-wide Healthcare Planning and Development, and National Fire Protection Agency
- Develops and maintains excellent customer service traits
- Accesses, interprets and acts upon the NMC Building Energy Management System for heating, cooling, and conditioning all hospital spaces
- Coordinates with local utility companies for utility service needs
- Provide training to staff in the use of facilities and utilities systems
Examples of Experience/Education/Training THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Will have proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills, and abilities: Licenses/Certificates:
Possession of a valid California Class C Driver's License is required. Working knowledge of:
Skill and Ability to:
- Principles and practices of installing, operating, maintaining and repairing hospital equipment and systems
- Shop, workplace, equipment and tool safety
- Hazardous materials encountered in the hospital environment
- Operation, maintenance and repair of various pumps, motors, centrifugal chillers, boilers, compressors, blowers, control valves and switches, and instruments related to HVAC, and to digital and pneumatic control systems
- Operation, maintenance and minor repair of large diesel engines, large generators, automatic transfer switches, transformer, meters, and electrical power distribution centers
- Instruments, tools and equipment use din the installation, operation, trouble-shooting, maintenance and repair of complex hospital electrical, electronic, and mechanical building an utility systems
- Applicable requirements of California Code of Regulations T-22 and T-24, JCAHO, NFPA and OSHPD
EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Use applicable instruments, tools and equipment in operating, troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing hospital building and utility equipment and systems
- Recognize occupational hazards and take appropriate precautions
- Maintain appropriate work records
- Read an interpret complex engineering documents, including symbolic engineering drawings
- Make engineering calculations regarding temperatures, pressures, pH readings, chemical concentrations, valve clearance, etc.
- Apply principles of customer service excellence
- Interpret for and train hospital staff in the use of facilities and utility systems
- Operate major mechanical and electrical equipment for the production of distribution of utilities
- Determine the most effective solution for building, equipment and utility maintenance and repair with respect o materials, cost, time and methods
- Follow written and oral instructions
- Analyze and describe specific maintenance problems and recommend or perform viable solutions
- Read and write English at a level necessary for successful job performance
- Interpret and act upon building and energy management systems output and information, as well as parts and service manuals
- Assess customer service situations and apply corrective action as appropriate
- Interpret and act on information presented by the building Energy Management System
- Understand public utility delivery systems and develop effective relationships with local utility companies
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is: Experience:
Three years of progressively responsible full-time experience as a building maintenance worker, or journey level work in a hospital environment as an operation and maintenance engineer or service technician
Two years of experience as a building maintenance worker in a hospital environment with a Certificate of technical proficiency from an accredited institution, such as a community college or trade school
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS** APPLICATION SUBMISSION :
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Accept responsibility to wear personal protective gear as appropriate
- Work on an on-call basis for scheduled periods and travel to the workplace to perform unscheduled, non-routine service work
- Work with or near potentially hazardous substances
- Work under adverse conditions such as dust, rain, mud; in areas not well ventilated; on uneven or slippery ground or floor surfaces; in contact with water; in environments subject to sudden changes and/or extremes in temperature, pressure or humidity; in extremely noisy environments; at elevations above ground level; and in confined or extremely small work spaces
A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted for review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com
Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: AscensionIL@natividad.com
, resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL:
Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT:
To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam. ELIGIBLE LIST:
Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
• If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
• Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
• If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.(Natividad offers up to a $1,500 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position).