Job Summary Relocating? Explore all that Mohave County has to offer at: http://www.mohavedevelopment.org/liveandplay/live-play/ This is a continuous recruitment to create a register of eligible candidates for the Labor/Trades skillset. If you're interested in Clerical/Administration please click here to access the Register: Clerical Temporary Register. The hourly rate is a minimum of $12.15 per hour and may be higher as set by the hiring department, depending on qualifications.
This is a non-benefits eligible "at will" (Unclassified) position, however, some work assignments may require enrollment into the ASRS (Arizona State Retirement System) depending on length of assignment and the amount of weekly hours worked.
Examples of work may include (but not limited to) providing courier services for Mohave County Library; assisting Mohave County Elections office with transporting, setting-up, testing electronic voter equipment; Election day trouble shooting anywhere in Mohave County including the Arizona Strip; processing early ballots; driving large County or Rented Box trucks; providing kitchen help at Senior Centers; dishwashing and general custodial/maintenance work; lifting and/or moving supplies, materials and / or equipment.Essential Job Functions
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs or assists with various simple to complex labor and/or trades work assignments to maintain efficient operations of the department using independent judgment or under general direction of a higher level authority.
- Work may involve driving as a courier, custodial work, building maintenance, etc.
- Communicates and acts in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Performs related work as required and special projects as requested.
- May provide customer service to the public, departments and/or other agencies either by phone, email, or in person in response to questions, provide requested information, or direct queries to appropriate individuals and/or departments
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
Elections Office Special Job Requirement:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- Per: ARS 16-411 Mohave County Elections Department employees must be registered to vote in the state of Arizona.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- All new hires must pass a background check.
- Must pass drug screen post offer.
- May be asked to provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Some positions may require attending VAN certification and Defensive Driving class administered by Mohave County.
Some positions may require possession of a valid State of Arizona Driver's License at the start of employment and acceptable driving history, if work involves driving a Mohave County or personal vehicle to conduct business and/or complete work assignments. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Knowledge of:
- Department policies, rules and procedures
- Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulation.
- Driving a Box Truck up to 26 feet long may be required for some positions.
- Work independently and/or in a team to complete routine tasks or special projects.
- Communicating and maintaining professionalism with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Understand and carry out simple to complex written and oral instructions.
- Effectively communicate in a courteous and professional manner with those encountered in the course of work.
- Perform the essential functions of the job specifications with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulation.
- Some positions require working long hours and weekends when needed.
- Some positions may require being away from home for up to two (2) consecutive days if working in remote areas of Mohave County.
- Some positions may require working more than 40 hours in a week on an occasional basis.
- Some positions may require lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Some positions may require the ability to bend, squat, stoop, reach, twist, stand and walk on a regular basis.
- This classification meets the safety sensitive definition as outlined by Arizona Revised Statute, • 23-493 et seq.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of this classification with or without a reasonable accommodation.