CLASS SUMMARYJOIN THE SPOKANE CITY WASTEWATER DEPARTMENT TODAY!We are looking for temp-seasonal Wastewater Maintenance workers to be a part of our winning team, contributing to the success of our City. NATURE OF WORK:
The purpose of this position is to perform unskilled and semi-skilled manual work. This is a temporary-seasonal position that will work up to forty (40) hours per week (8 hours a day, 5 days a week) for six (6) months in duration. The work is heavy in nature, performed under various weather conditions, and requires normal attention to prevent errors.
EXAMPLES OF JOB FUNCTIONS
The following Responsibilities and Requirements are functions the individual who holds or desires the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in the maintenance of grounds keeping.
- Assists journeyman level workers in the functions of their jobs.
- Be able to follow written and verbal instructions and work with a team.
- Performs related work as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSREQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (with or without reasonable accommodations):
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver's license without restrictions.
- Knowledge of methods, tools, equipment, and materials used in which work is assigned.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and understand manuals and specifications.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles.
- Ability to see, with or without corrective lenses, well enough to read fine print such as maps.
- Ability to hear, with or without a hearing aid, and speak well enough to converse in person, over a two-way radio, and on the telephone.
- Enough body mobility to climb, crawl, walk, kneel, and work in confined areas.
- Enough strength to lift and carry heavy objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Enough stamina to stand, kneel, and crouch for up to four hours at a time with only one 15-minute break.
- Tolerance to work under adverse weather conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, familial status, genetic information, veteran/military status or disability status. As a Fair Chance employer, City of Spokane does not conduct initial background screening for non-public safety positions.