CLASS SUMMARYJOINT THE SPOKANE CITY PARKS DEPARTMENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY!
The Grounds and Operations Specialist is responsible for cleanliness and general upkeep of facilities, green spaces and hardscapes as assigned.
This position is located at Riverfront Park, Spokane's premier park in the heart of the city. Your contributions will provide a valuable service to our community and your efforts will help to maintain effective environmental stewardship of our magnificent Riverfront Park and the surrounding area.
As a park employee, you will be part of a valued team where your contributions make a positive daily impact. Our valued employees receive ongoing training to enhance your skill and provide opportunities for upward mobility. As a team member, you will also receive a bus pass, flexible schedule options and the ability to enjoy concerts and events held at Riverfront park that occur during your shift. https://my.spokanecity.org/riverfrontspokane/calendar/
This position will be eligible for up to 29 hours part-time per week. Variable schedules will be available.
EXAMPLES OF JOB FUNCTIONS
The following Responsibilities and Requirements are functions the individual who holds or desires the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains restrooms and picnic facilities.
- Operates small, motorized, hand-held landscaping equipment, including line-trimmer, power edger, and blower.
- Requires frequent interaction with public.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSREQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be physically able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be physically able to work on your feet for the entire shift (breaks allowed).
- Valid driver's license with no restrictions.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening test prior to start date (including marijuana).
- Training will be provided.