Description THE COUNTY OF EL DORADO
The County of El Dorado is committed to promoting the power of public service by fostering a diverse and collaborative workplace where employees are empowered, respected and valued. The dedicated efforts taken by the Board of Supervisors continues to promote El Dorado County as a competitive employer that is committed to recruiting and retaining qualified employees by advocating for competitive salaries and excellent benefits. The County of El Dorado is also supportive of providing telework opportunities for employees consistent with business needs and in accordance with Board of Supervisors Policy E-12 - Telecommuting. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
The County of El Dorado , Department of Transportation is responsible for funding, designing, building, operating, and maintaining the County Road System. El Dorado County's Road System currently consists of approximately 1083 centerline miles of paved roadway, 76 bridges, a multitude of storm drainage systems, and related transportation facilities. DEVELOPMENT AND TRANSPORTATION DIVISION
The Development and Transportation Division provides review of developer proposed plans and inspection of developer constructed improvements to ensure compliance with the County's standard plans, provides traffic engineering support and prepares studies and reports relating to current and long-range County traffic projects. THE OPPORTUNITY
The Sr. Civil Engineer in the Development and Transportation Division will have the opportunity to plan, coordinate, supervise, analyze, and evaluate the work of professional and technical staff performing engineering work in the areas of project management. The ideal candidate will possess valid California registration as a Traffic Engineer or Civil Engineer and be well versed in the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEQA).
The Sr. Civil Engineer position offers growth opportunities and exciting projects unique to El Dorado County. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Plan, organize, coordinate, review, and supervise the work of professional, technical, and office support staff.
- Perform the most difficult and complex professional traffic engineering work; prepare, review, and approve the preparation of plans, specifications, designs, estimates, contracts, schedules, inspections, and project monitoring activities for complex traffic operational issues and problems.
- Perform and supervise the maintenance of and use of the County's Travel Demand Model.
- Supervise and prepare a variety of studies and reports relating to current and long-range County traffic projects, and recommends specific proposals to meet them.
- Plan, organize, and keep current the various funding programs such as the Traffic Impact Fee program and the Missouri Flat Master Circulation and Financing Plan.
- Assist in budget preparation for the unit and monitors annual expenditures.
- Supervise and coordinate project management activities for a variety of construction and capital improvement projects; prepares, review, and approve the preparation of plans, specifications, designs, estimates, contracts, schedules, inspections, and project monitoring activities.
- Confers with engineers, contractors, developers, and others to coordinate activities and resolve problems; represents the County in a variety of meetings.
For a full description of duties and responsibilities please review the job description here . MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following minimum qualifications:
Where college degrees and/or college course credits are required, degrees and college units must be obtained from a regionally accredited college or university. Courses from non-regionally accredited institutions will not be evaluated for this requirement.
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with major course work in civil engineering;
Two years of lead or project management experience in public works design and construction engineering work at a level equivalent to the County's Associate Civil Engineer.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must possess a valid California Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer or obtain licensure in California by comity (reciprocity) within the one-year probationary period.
- A valid California registration as a Traffic Engineer is highly desirable.
Click here to view the minimum qualifications for Sr. Civil Engineer as well as the physical, environmental, and working conditions. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking on the 'Apply' link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click 'Accept'.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, contact Elise Hardy in Human Resources at email@example.com RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process. Training and Experience Review (Weighted 100%):
A training and experience review consists of candidates responding to supplemental questions on the job application. A subject matter expert will evaluate each candidate's responses based on predetermined criteria. The subject matter experts are not granted access to the candidate's application; therefore, responses to the supplemental questions should be thorough, detailed, and complete. Do not refer to resumes, cover letters, or other documentation as they will not be reviewed.
Supplemental questions play an integral role in this recruitment process. Please take the time to provide thoughtful and thorough responses. The information you provide may be used to determine your ranking for referral to specific vacancies. All work experience that is described or included in your response(s) MUST be included in the "Work Experience" section of your application. Do not refer to a resume or other documentation.
For more information on the recruitment process, click here .
Based on the department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for Sr. Civil Engineer. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and future full time, part time, and extra help vacancies for at least three (3) months. There is currently one (1) full time vacancy located in Placerville, Ca.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require a pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
This classification may include positions that are subject to current California Department of Public Health (CDPH), State Public Health Officer Orders requiring all workers who provide services or work in facilities covered by the order to (a) have their first dose of a one-dose regimen or their second dose of a two-dose regimen of an approved vaccine against COVID-19, or (b) provide valid exemption as permitted by the order. An approved exemption would result in the exempted employee being required to wear a face covering and be regularly tested for COVID-19.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history. Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles from Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles from Sacramento Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here are a few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Local Shopping Gems