Sacramento Suburban Water District - An Equal Opportunity Employer Invites Applications For Engineering Student Intern
$15.00 TO $19.00 per hour dependent on education level. (E.g. Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior, Senior)
Flexibility for academic schedules. Minimum commitment of 15 hours per week and maximum of 29 hours per week. Temporary position is not eligible for benefits.
Final Filing Date
Open until two (2) available positions are filled.
The Sacramento Suburban Water District (SSWD), located in Sacramento, California, is a publicly owned and operated water utility formed in 2002 resulting from the merger of two agencies. SSWD provides water to its customers from 72 operational groundwater wells.
SSWD is looking for a self-starting and team-oriented individual to assist the Engineering Department as an Engineering Student Intern. The position is open to college students majoring in Engineering who have completed their sophomore year.
- Assist engineering staff with processing of Capital Improvement Program construction project data.
- Assist engineering staff with Water Distribution Main Replacement projects.
- Conduct field verifications of facilities and prepare database on existing water facilities.
- Prepare miscellaneous maps.
- Compile and analyze data.
- Enter data in Access database.
- Assist engineering staff with record keeping, filing, and organizational duties.
- Perform other duties as required.
Preferred Major and Courses:
- Civil Engineering, preferred concentration in Water Resources Engineering
- Hydraulics, Water Modeling, Hydrology.
- Microsoft Office - in particular, Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook.
- Working in an office environment and using a variety of office equipment.
- Gathering field data and information.
- Positive attitude and self-motivated.
- Ability to independently and simultaneously organize and manage a variety of tasks.
- Attentive to detail.
- Strong oral / interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Responsible, quick learner, and committed to tasks at hand.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Candidates must possess a valid California Class “C” Driver’s License and have a good driving record. The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check, pre-employment physical exam, drug screen, and alcohol test.
The Selection Procedure
Interested candidates must email a cover letter and resume to Rachel Middlestead, Engineering Project Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org . All applications will be reviewed and the most qualified candidates will be invited to interview for the available positions.