The City of Brentwood is currently accepting applications on a continuous basis for candidates who have completed the CA Basic P.O.S.T. Academy.
The Brentwood Police Department is seeking highly motivated individuals who are eager to work in a city and department that prides itself on professionalism and community support. The Brentwood Police Department is a progressive agency that provides its police officers with the best equipment, training, and tools necessary to do the job. The Brentwood Police Department has a long successful history of hiring lateral officers who are seeking a better balance between work and family.
For more information please click here to view the full Police Officer job description. Qualifications Education and Experience Guidelines
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:Education/Training:
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade and graduation from a P.O.S.T. approved police academy.
- College level course work and specialized training in law enforcement, criminal justice, or a related field is highly desirable.
- An Associate's degree is highly desirable.
License or Certificate:
- Some work experience as a California peace officer or other work experience that demonstrates a general aptitude for police work.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Possess a P.O.S.T. Basic Certificate upon completion of the probationary period.
- Additional certifications may be required for specialized assignments.
We are currently accepting applications for lateral Police Officers on a continuous basis. This recruitment may close at any time without notice. Applicants must submit the following:
- City of Brentwood Employment Application
Postmarks, faxes and incomplete applications will not be accepted. Your application must be filled out completely online. Resumes may also be submitted but it is not a substitute for a completed application.
The examination process will consist of:
- Review of applications for minimum qualifications for the position and to ensure all materials have been submitted.
All applicants that pass minimum qualifications will be placed on the Eligible List which will be used by the Brentwood Police Department to conduct panel interviews with the leadership team.
The best qualified candidates will then be invited for a Captains interview and those who pass will take a polygraph exam.
Top candidates will be selected from the polygraph and authorized for a comprehensive background investigation process.
Upon completion of the background, a conditional job offer can be made, and candidates will be scheduled for medical and psychological evaluations. The employment offer is contingent upon successful completion of these evaluations.
DISCLAIMER: The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice. Tests may consist of any combination of written, oral or other exercises or assessment procedures that test content. Components may include, but are not necessarily limited to, typing, math, reading, writing and analytical skills; problem solving ability; computer and software proficiency, or any other job-related knowledge, skill, ability or qualification. The City may, without notice, change or eliminate any particular assessment component or combination of components as needs dictate.
All correspondence regarding application status, test and/or interview dates, etc. will be sent by email and will be available on your GovernmentJobs account. Please check your email folders, including your junk/spam folders and accept emails from the domain governmentjobs.com, neogov.com, or brentwoodca.gov. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure a correct email address is provided and that all correspondence is received. The City of Brentwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.