Primary Duties Starting Minimum Salary: $19.00 per hour without CDL / $20 per hour with CDL 6 Positions Available in Distribution/Collection
Under basic supervision, performs repair and maintenance of water distribution and wastewater collection (W/WW) facilities, equipment and infrastructure for the Waco Water Utility Services Department. Essential Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Uses specialized tools, vehicles and equipment to maintain and repair W/WW facilities, equipment and infrastructure according to quality standards and safety regulations; locates W/WW lines, reads and inspects meters, inspects facilities and equipment and identifies repair and maintenance problems; performs duties within scope of authority and training; duties may vary depending on job assignment and individual skills.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
- Performs other assigned or related duties as required.
- Driving is essential.
Physical Demands Heavy work:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One year of experience with WUSD
- OR 2 years of plumbing, heavy equipment or construction experience.
- A valid Texas Class A Commercial Driver's License with a Tanker Endorsement is required within 180 days of hire.
- Class C Water OR Class II Wastewater license from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) is required within 2.5 years, according to the needs of the City.
- Additional trainings and certifications may be required.
- Requires exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or a up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Major activities are performed outdoors, may be exposed to all weather conditions.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.