Department: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - AGING AND DISABILITY SERVICES DIVISION
Business Unit: HR-EARLY INTERVENTION SVCS
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 44
Salary Range: $76,170.24 - $115,090.56
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: LISA D FRIEND
Phone: 775 684-0110
The Aging and Disability Services Division (ADSD) is currently recruiting for multiple Licensed Psychologist I position in Carson City and Las Vegas, NV. This recruitment may be used to fill current and future vacancies as they occur in the following program areas - Rural Regional Services (RRC), Nevada Early Intervention Services (NEIS), Desert Regional Center (DRC), or Sierra Regional Center (SRC).
Licensed Psychologists provide psychological testing, evaluation, psychotherapy, counseling, and consultation to clients or inmates in residential, inpatient and outpatient settings, at a mental health, intellectual disabilities, or correctional facility, or in other settings where psychological services are provided. Licensed Psychologists work with individuals who have intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and related conditions; such as, Autism, Seizures, Cerebral Palsy and Traumatic Brain Injury. In many cases the individuals served also have co-occurring mental health diagnoses. Work responsibilities include psychological testing and comprehensive report writing which integrates the developmental history, observations and test results. Psychologists also provide behavioral consultations for individuals living in group homes and supervised work settings utilizing Person Centered Planning and the principals of Positive Behavior Supports. They oversee the development of contextually appropriate behavioral support plans to mitigate challenging behavior and participate in team and clinical meetings to review the status of individuals served. Psychologists provide crisis management as well as individual/group counseling or psychotherapy. They may serve on oversight committees or attend court hearings as directed by Administration.
ADSD provides an atmosphere of innovative thinking, teamwork, friendly co-workers and provides a positive working environment. The mission of ADSD is to provide leadership and advocacy in the planning, development and delivery of high quality, comprehensive support service system across the lifespan to allow all of Nevada's elders, children and adults with disabilities or special health care needs, to live independent, meaningful, and dignified lives to the greatest extent possible. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- One year of post-doctoral experience in providing psychological services in an inpatient, outpatient or residential setting.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Licensed Psychologist I's and Licensed Psychologist II's must possess current licensure as a Psychologist issued by the State of Nevada Board of Psychological Examiners at the time of appointment and maintain licensure as a condition of continuing employment.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- Some positions require work on evenings, weekends and holidays.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas