DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Division:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Business Unit:
HR-LOVELOCK CORRECTIONAL CTR Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$47,188.80 - $69,739.20 Recruiter:
DARRELL MORLAN Phone:
775 684-0126 Email:
Heat Plant Specialists operate, adjust, monitor, maintain, clean and repair high and/or low pressure boilers and hot water heat generating equipment, auxiliary equipment such as fuel and combustion systems, compressors, pumps, steam lines, steam traps, heat exchangers, water lines, controls, gauges, and emergency power generators. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
The Nevada Department of Corrections has a vacancy for a Heat Plant Specialist III, located at Lovelock Correctional Center, in Lovelock. The incumbent will operate and perform preventive maintenance on boiler system in existence at Lovelock Correctional Center (LCC). The incumbent must have a working knowledge of meters, gauges and alarm systems of the heat plant; procedures used to test water, blow down water columns and record heat plant conditions.
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.*** To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-9_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Completion of a recognized heat plant apprenticeship program followed by one year of journey level experience as a heat plant specialist; OR one year of experience as a Heat Plant Specialist II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant at the cost of the applicant.
- Incumbents in the Department of Corrections are required to work with and amongst inmates to complete job duties.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Reno