DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES Division:
DHHS - DIVISION OF CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES Business Unit:
HR-NO NEV CHILD & ADLSCNT SVCS Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 31 Salary Range:
$43,346.88 - $63,746.64 Fulltime/Parttime:
Full Time Recruiter:
ANA MARIA ORNELLAS Phone:
775 684-0151 Email:
The Nevada DIVISION OF CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES (DCFS) is recruiting for a Treatment Home Provider (THP) to be located in Reno, NV. This position provides care, training and treatment to children and adolescents with behavioral and emotional disturbances in a 24 hour/7 day a week Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF). PRTF Enterprise serve children between 6 - 17 years of age. Youth served by PRTF Enterprise are designated as Severely Emotionally Disturbed (SED) and have an Axis I diagnosis. Youth placed exhibit significant behavioral challenges including physical and verbal aggression, non-compliance, challenges to authority figures, school problems (academic and behavioral), peer and social difficulties, and family issues.
THPs implement therapeutic interventions with youth and provide individual and group Basic Skills Training and Psychosocial Rehab Skills. THPs work with youth's families and provide parent training; act as liaisons with schools and other providers; are responsible for completing case management services with assigned youth including progress notes and individualized plans; take the role of lead to be responsible for the home and youth care when a supervisor is not on duty; and provide a safe, clean, healthy home-like environment in compliance with Federal and State standards.THPs are expected, with training, to demonstrate competency in managing youth during times of crisis and ensure the safety of all youth and staff using the Crisis Prevention and Response Training.
This is a full-time position that includes a variable work agreement with overtime after 40 hours per week. This position requires working evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to provide overtime coverage for vacant positions and other employees' leave. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in education, child development, psychology, counseling, social work, or closely related field and one year of experience in the care, training, and/or treatment of children or adolescents with behavioral and emotional disturbances; OR three years of experience in the care, training, and/or treatment of children or adolescents with behavioral and emotional disturbances in a residential treatment home or psychiatric hospital; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Working on evenings, weekends, and/or holidays is required.
- A valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continued employment.
- As a condition of employment, pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must first submit to a pre-employment screening test for controlled substances.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Reno
Nearest Secondary Market: Tahoe