CASEWORK MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST 2 - Requistion ID:
[[id]] Posting Close Date: Location:
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES Division:
DHHS - DIVISION OF CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES Business Unit:
HR-RURAL CHILD WELFARE Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$49,151.52 - $72,871.20 Recruiter:
LISA D FRIEND Phone:
775 684-0110 Email:
DCFS is recruiting for a Casework Management Specialist 2 in Winnemucca, Nevada. This recruitment may be used to underfill a Casework Management Specialist 3. Incumbents perform some of the duties described in the series concept and continue to receive training in performing the duties outlined in the series concept. Advancement to the next level in the series may occur after meeting the minimum qualifications, satisfactory performance, and with endorsement of the appointing authority.
Casework Management Specialists are assigned to provide child welfare services to children and families to develop and implement a case plan that presents intervention strategies to meet the child's needs; ensure children have their medical, mental health, and educational needs met; provide strength-based family centered case management services to families that promote the safety and well-being and permanency of children; including home visits; monitoring services; report preparation, and record keeping.
This is a full-time position and includes a variable work agreement that will be scheduled to work hours and days different than 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday such as swing shift and weekends, with overtime after 40 hours in a week.
Please note: Licensure by the State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers as a Social Worker or Clinical Social Worker may be substituted for one year of required work experience. Individuals who have current licensure may be required to maintain licensure as a condition of continuing employment.
DCFS offers an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), accrual of 15 days of annual and sick leave per year, 11 paid holidays and no city, county, state or social security tax.
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, special education, human growth and development, criminal justice, psychology, counseling, social work, sociology or closely related social/human services-related field and one year of professional experience providing case management services to clients in a health and/or human services program; OR one year of experience as a Casework Management Specialist I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience above the Bachelor's degree level as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Positions may be required to work evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Positions are subject to call-out or call-back.
- Positions require a valid driver's license, or equivalent mobility, at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Reno