PLUMBER 2 - Requistion ID:
[[id]] Posting Close Date: Location:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Division:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Business Unit:
HR-SO DESERT CORRECTIONAL CTR Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$45,142.56 - $66,628.08 Recruiter:
TRACY LYNN HILL Phone:
725 216-6039 Email:
Plumbers perform skilled plumbing work to maintain and repair plumbing systems, fixtures and equipment. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
This position is located at Southern Desert Correctional Center in Indian Springs. The Plumber 2 incumbent services all types of plumbing fixtures throughout the institution including faucets, toilets, drinking fountains, flush valves, faucet cartridges and low voltage electronic plumbing fixtures. Other plumbing devices serviced or maintained are water heaters, pumps, underground piping, copper, PVC and iron piping repairs and/or replacement, drain cleaning using various pieces of equipment. Duties will also include, but not limited to, parts inventory and management, supervision and training of inmate workers, working with contractors, review bids and quality of contract work to ensure conformance with specifications and codes. Knowledge of state and local plumbing codes required. Must be able to drive a vehicle. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-9_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Completion of a recognized plumbing apprenticeship program followed by one year of journey level plumbing experience; OR one year of experience as a Plumber I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continued employment.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas