CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST I/IISALARY INFORMATION
Clinical Psychologist I $35.78 - $48.22 Hourly
Clinical Psychologist II $39.88 - $50.89 Hourly
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and successful candidate's qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization.
This position is open to the public for a minimum of five (5) business days and will remain open on a continuous basis until 11:59 p.m. (PST) on the day the County's needs are met. Applicants are encouraged to apply right away.
This recruitment is open to the public
. The eligible list established through this recruitment will be used to fill current vacancies within Children & Youth Behavioral Health. This recruitment may also be used to fill positions in similar/lower level classifications HEALTH CARE AGENCY
The County of Orange
, Health Care Agency
(HCA) is a dynamic organization dedicated to creating and supporting an environment that promotes the achievement of optimal, individual, family and community health. Under the direction of the Agency Director, a new and dynamic executive team with an organizational structure comprised of five services areas - Administrative and Financial, Behavioral Health, Correctional Health, Regulatory & Medical Health Services and Public Health - is committed to meeting the health needs of the diverse Orange County community.CHILDREN & YOUTH BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
HCA's Mental Health and Recovery Services (MHRS)
, Children and Youth Behavioral Health
(CYBH) provides a broad range of services for behaviorally, emotionally or mentally disordered children and adolescents which include evaluation, therapy, medication management, crisis intervention and collateral services to parents and families. Referral for hospitalization or residential treatment, consultation to schools and other agencies, coordination with private and public services and case management for those placed in hospitals or other 24-hour settings are also provided.THE OPPORTUNITY
The Clinical Psychologist position provides a variety of direct client care opportunities to serve Orange County children, youth, transitional age youth and their families impacted by mental illness and substance use disorders. This position will collaborate with a team of professionals both within HCA, and with other County agencies with whom CYBH partners to ensure comprehensive care is provided. CYBH has three major areas of service: the regional outpatient clinics, the programs serving youth in the Juvenile Justice or Child Welfare systems and 24/7 crisis services. CYBH strives to provide high quality, evidence based services in a system that addresses the specific and unique needs of the individual and their support systems. Clients served by CYBH come from a variety of cultures and diverse backgrounds.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will possess a license to practice Psychology by the California Board of Psychology or be eligible to obtain a waiver from the State of California to practice psychology, pending obtaining their license. Bilingual speakers are highly desired. In order to be considered for this position, you must
include your curriculum vitae and transcripts in the attachments portion of the application. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience in the following areas below:Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Conducting and administering psychological tests and assessments, conducting screenings, gathering, evaluating and interpreting psychological testing data for the purpose of diagnosing and treating individuals living with mental illness and/or substance use disorders
- Applying latest trends and evidence-based psychological treatment and assessment protocols for mental health and substance use disorders
- Assessing for safety risks, identifying trauma reactivity and de-escalating high risk behaviors
- Working with children, youth, transitional age youth and families
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Presenting new knowledge and trainings to team and collaborative partners consistent with clinical work and client care
- Identifying and providing linkage and appropriate resources to individuals
- Collaborating with community partners to ensure timely care for those with immediate needs
- Documenting services provided to participants in a manner that meets the CA Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) requirements (standards) for Medi-Cal billing and reimbursement
- Communicating accurately to convey both substance and intent, and adeptly communicating sensitive matters
- Presenting ideas and complex material clearly, concisely, logically and persuasively both in person and in writing
- Preparing court documents and reports may be required for some programs
- Preparing testimony and testifying in bench and jury trials may be required for some programs
Please click here
for information regarding the minimum qualifications for the Clinical Psychologist I, or click here
for information regarding the minimum qualifications for the Clinical Psychologist II, including Physical and Mental Requirements and Environmental and Working Conditions.RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Human Resource Services (HRS) screens all applications to identify the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for the position based on the skills required to meet the needs of the County. After the initial screening, those who meet the minimum qualifications will be referred to the next step of the recruitment.Veterans Employment Preference
The County is committed to providing a mechanism to give preferential consideration in the employment process to veterans and their eligible spouses and will provide eligible participants the opportunity to receive interviews in the selection process for employment and paid internship openings. Please click here
to review the policy. Online Assessment
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be invited to participate in a series of online examinations related to the essential job functions. The most successful applicants will be places on an eligible list.Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures above may be modified. Applicants will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.Eligible List
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Please see below for important information regarding COVID-19 related requirements.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, and laws, regulations, and policies regarding COVID-19 are subject to change. The County of Orange is required to comply with all applicable State or County Public Health Orders, some of which require vaccination or testing as follows:
- Workers, who provide services in certain Medical or High-Risk Settings, will be required to provide proof of full vaccination from COVID-19 or to wear a mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing .
- Workers, who provide services in certain Health Care Facilities or in a correctional facility or detention center where health care is provided, will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and boosted . (Workers may be exempt from this requirement based on religious beliefs or a qualifying medical reason; however, if exempted, they will be required to wear a mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing.)
The position for which you are applying may be required to adhere to any applicable State or County Public Health Orders. You will receive notification of any requirement as it applies to a position.EMAIL NOTIFICATION Email
is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Applicants will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com
.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For more information regarding the Clinical Psychologist I/II position, please contact the recruiter, Janeth Boudreaux at JBoudreaux@ochca.com
or (714) 834-2217.
Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer,
encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous