INTEGRATED LIBRARY SYSTEMS (ILS) ADMINISTRATOR(SENIOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIST) SALARY INFORMATION
In addition to performance-based merit increases, this position is scheduled to receive salary range increases on the following dates:
Effective July 1, 2022 - 3.5% increase
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and successful candidate's qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
This recruitment is being held to establish an open eligible list to fill current and future Senior Information Technologist vacancies within the County of Orange. The eligible list established may also be used to fill similar and lower level classifications throughout the County of Orange.DEADLINE TO APPLY
This recruitment will remain open on a continuous basis for a minimum of five (5) business days, until the needs of the County are met. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Please note that if you applied for this position previously and were placed on the eligible list in May 2021, you will not be able to apply for this recruitment as the eligible list established from this recruitment will be merged with the eligible list established in May 2021. THE COUNTY
The County of Orange
is a regional service provider and planning agency whose core businesses include public safety, public health, environmental protection, regional planning, public assistance, social services and aviation. OC COMMUNITY RESOURCES (OCCR) OC Community Resources
is a multi-faceted department comprised of OC Animal Care, OC Community Services, OC Housing & Community Development, OC Parks, and OC Public Libraries. OC PUBLIC LIBRARIES OC Public Libraries
is a network of community libraries located in your neighborhood or as near as your computer. Our 32 public branches in 24 cities and unincorporated areas of the County of Orange, as well as a branch for residents of Orangewood Children's Home provide library services to residents throughout the county. OC Public Libraries provides safe and easy access to libraries for the community, offers a broad spectrum of materials in multiple formats, provides the community with the best access to the collection, and delivers knowledgeable, friendly, and experienced staff to support the information needs of the community. OC Public Libraries is a Division of OC Community Resources (OCCR). THE OPPORTUNITY
The incumbent in this position will provide oversight for the Integrated Library System (ILS) and all technology needs within OC Public Libraries by coordinating solutions and resolutions with OC Information Technology (OCIT), vendors, and other departments to meet OC Public Libraries business needs. The technology for OC Public Libraries is supported by the CEO's OCIT department. They provide desktop, network, server, voice, and application development support.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPENTENCIES
- Coordinate the administration, configuration, and troubleshooting of the OCPL Integrated Library System (ILS)
- Collaborate with OCIT and other county departments regarding library technology, network, phones, and troubleshoot and resolve technology issues
- Develop and implement procedures to integrate and maintain library systems with county, third-party systems, and applications; provide support for third-party applications that interface with library systems
- Work with other county departments and agencies for IT needs and infrastructure
- Act as project lead on rolling out new hardware and software including assessment, timelines, and staff training
- Document workflows and standards related to all aspects of the library systems, services, and related applications
- Gather required library technology related to application development projects or interfaces needed for the ILS and library operations
The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience working as an Integrated Library System (ILS) Administrator or equivalent in a library or public sector environment. Experience with SirsiDynix Symphony is highly desirable.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess extensive knowledge and/or experience in the following core competencies:Technical Experience & Knowledge
Analysis & Problem Solving
- Demonstrate experience with using the administrative functions of Integrated Library Systems
- Demonstrate experience with library discovery and delivery systems and tools
- Knowledge of emerging technologies in the marketplace and their relevance for library services
- Demonstrate experience with scaling organizational infrastructure to support an increasing volume of content and customers, new product offerings, and delivery methods
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of current library standards and practices, especially in the areas of circulation, interlibrary loan, and patron privacy
- Proficient with PC and Mac hardware and software and strong technical skills around desktop and mobile devices
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience managing content in a CMS (web-based content management system)
- Demonstrate a general understanding of database queries utilizing the vendor supplied tools, documenting software requirements for application development projects, and web development standards and ILS interoperability and customization
- Knowledge of Responsive Web Design and W3C Web Usability Guidelines
Planning & Organization
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot technical problems, isolate causes, and implement solutions
- Knowledge of administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation, and evaluation
- Ability to assess system performance and provide assessment and advice on technology related strategies
Oral & Written Communication
- Effective organizing and planning skills to ensure high productivity and efficiency
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication with a variety of audiences and individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English, including experience in public speaking
- Ability to interact and develop working relationships with all levels of staff and vendors
- Ability to develop written project documentation, process procedures, and reports
- Ability to develop presentations for new hardware and software to present and train library staff
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
to view the minimum qualifications for the Senior Information Technologist. RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Human Resource Services (HRS) screens all application materials for minimum and/or desirable qualifications. After screening, applicants who meet the minimum and/or desirable qualifications will be referred to the next step in the recruitment process. All applicants will be notified via email of their status in the process.Recorded Structured Oral Interview | rSOI (Weighted 100%)
Candidates will be interviewed and rated by a qualification appraisal panel of job knowledge experts. Each candidate's rating will be based on responses to a series of questions designed to elicit the candidate's qualifications for the job. Only the most successful candidates will be placed on to the eligible list.Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures above may be modified.
Candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.Eligible List
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.Veterans Employment Preference
The County is committed to providing a mechanism to give preferential consideration in the employment process to veterans and their eligible spouses and will provide eligible participants the opportunity to receive interviews in the selection process for employment and paid internship openings. Please click here
to review the policy.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Please see below for important information regarding COVID 19 related requirements.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve and laws, regulations, and policies regarding COVID-19 are subject to change. The County of Orange is required to comply with any State or County Public Health Orders which may apply as follows:
- Workers who provide services in certain Medical or High-Risk Settings, may be required to provide proof of full vaccination from COVID-19 or to wear a mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing .
- Workers who provide services in certain Health Care Facilities or correctional facility or detention center where health care is provided, may be required to provide proof of vaccination . (Workers may be exempt from this requirement based on religious beliefs or a qualifying medical reason; however, if exempted worker will be required to mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing.)
The position for which you are applying may be required to adhere to any applicable State or County Order. You will receive notification of any requirement as it applies to a position. EMAIL NOTIFICATION Email
is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com
. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, contact Vanessa Rosas
or by email at Vanessa.Rosas@occr.ocgov.com
EEO INFORMATION Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer,
encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous