PHYSICIAN III - CORRECTIONALCorrectional Health Services
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and successful candidate's qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization.
This recruitment is open to the public
for a minimum of five (5) business days and will remain open on a continuous basis until the needs of the County are met. Candidates who are placed on the eligible list will remain on the eligible list for one (1) year and may be considered/referred for selection/hiring interviews. After one (1) year, candidates must reapply to receive further consideration.
This recruitment is being held to establish an Open
eligible list to fill current and future vacancies within the Health Care Agency. This recruitment may also be used to fill positions in similar and/or lower classifications throughout the County of Orange. HEALTH CARE AGENCY
The County of Orange Health Care Agency
is a dynamic organization dedicated to creating and supporting an environment that promotes the achievement of optimal individual, family and community health. Under the direction of the Agency Director, a new and dynamic executive team with an organizational structure comprised of seven service areas - Finance and Administrative, Behavioral Health, Correctional Health, Medical Health Services, Office of Care Coordination, Public Health and Strategy and Special Projects is committed to meeting the health needs of the diverse Orange County community. ADULT CORRECTIONAL HEALTH SERVICES
The Correctional Health Services (CHS)
, Adult Correctional Health Services (ACHS)
program provides medical, dental, nursing, infection control, health education and pharmaceutical services at a community standard of care and also provides mental health services including 24-hour emergency triage and crisis intervention, suicide prevention, treatment beds, individual and group therapy, substance use counseling, medication assessment and discharge planning to all adult inmates in the County's five (5) correctional facilities. THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Physician III will be the primary care provider to serve some of the most under-served patients in Orange County in a challenging environment.
The responsibilities of the Physician III will include but are not limited to:
Must possess a valid Drug Addiction Treatment Act (DATA) waiver for Buprenorphine by hire date. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Provide all urgent and chronic care to the adult population of Orange County Jails including women's health and prenatal care to obstetric (OB) patients.
- Must be skilled at making good clinical judgments based on physical diagnosis.
- Perform a wide range of office based, outpatient procedures such as:
- Femoral venipuncture's, skin biopsies, sutures, ingrown nail removals, incision and drainage, pap smears, colonoscopy, etc.
- Serve as consultants in the subspecialty for which they hold subspecialty certification.
- Provide clinical supervision and oversight of four (4) Nurse Practitioners (NP).
The ideal candidate will have one (1) or more years of experience working in triage/urgent care, mental health, or correctional medicine type of setting and
one (1) or more years of experience working in the subspecialty field of which they hold subspecialty certification.
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the following:Patient Care and Medical Knowledge of:
Leadership and Supervision Collaboration:
- Knowledge of current policies, practices, and trends as it relates to Correctional Health
- Providing medical and mental health services effectively while promoting patient safety and improving patient care practices
- Performing comprehensive physical examinations and ordering appropriate diagnostic studies
- Understanding Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines and legal liabilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and electronic medical record systems (e.g. EHR system)
Compassion and Composure:
- Supervising, directing and consulting clinical staff and maintaining team objectives and standards
- Training and developing staff to ensure they understand and follow proper procedures and protocols
Critical Thinking and Safety:
- Diagnosing, treating and controlling diseases in a sensitive manner
- Demonstrating resilience and positivity in a challenging environment
- Responding and relating well to supervisor by being open to work performance feedback
- Demonstrating empathy and genuinely caring about incarcerated clients
Communication and Collaboration:
- Using initiative and sound judgment in performing medical diagnostic and treatment services
- Being alert and aware of personal safety and security while providing care and/or treatment to unstable or unpredictable clients
- Providing accurate medical records and reports
- Verbally deescalate violent, aggressive or destructive behavior safely and effectively, while giving care to clients
- Providing and relaying important medical related messages with members of the health care team and other Agencies efficiently both verbally and in writing
- Using diplomacy when dealing with challenging situations and/or people
- Fostering a collaborative approach with health care staff and Sheriff's Department administration to promote quality healthcare delivery to inmates
- Candidates must NOT have felony convictions or be on any form of probation
- Candidates are required to pass a comprehensive background investigation prior to a formal offer and acceptance of employment and maintain background investigation to the satisfaction of the Orange County Sheriff-Coroner. Completing a Personal History Form, interviewing with a background investigator, fingerprinting and may include a polygraph test. Some of the areas considered in the background screening include prior convictions, traffic violations, drug use and credit problems, employment history, professional references and education verification (i.e. degree, license, or official transcripts. Foreign degrees require an evaluation of U.S. equivalency by an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (N.A.C.E.S.))
- Correctional Health Services are a 24 hour, 7 day a week facilities, incumbents must be able to work on weekends, evenings or night shift and holidays.
For detailed information on Physician III
minimum qualifications, including Physical and Mental Requirements, Environment and Working Conditions click here. RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
Human Resource Services (HRS) screens all applications to identify the qualified applicants for the position based on the skills required to meet the needs of the County. After the initial screening, the qualified applicants will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the competition.Veterans Employment Preference
The County is committed to providing a mechanism to give preferential consideration in the employment process to veterans and their eligible spouses and will provide eligible participants the opportunity to receive interviews in the selection process for employment and paid internship openings. Please click here
to review the policy.Application Appraisal Panel | Application Rating
(Weighted 100%): An Application Appraisal Panel (AAP) of job knowledge experts will thoroughly screen and evaluate all application materials for job knowledge, competencies, and related experience described above. Only the most qualified candidates will be placed on the eligible list.Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedure. Eligible List:
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Please see below for important information regarding COVID-19 related requirements.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, and laws, regulations, and policies regarding COVID-19 are subject to change. The County of Orange is required to comply with all applicable State or County Public Health Orders, some of which require vaccination or testing as follows:
- Workers, who provide services in certain Medical or High-Risk Settings, will be required to provide proof of full vaccination from COVID-19 or to wear a mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing .
- Workers, who provide services in certain Health Care Facilities or in a correctional facility or detention center where health care is provided, will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and boosted . (Workers may be exempt from this requirement based on religious beliefs or a qualifying medical reason; however, if exempted, they will be required to wear a mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing.)
The position for which you are applying may be required to adhere to any applicable State or County Public Health Orders. You will receive notification of any requirement as it applies to a position.EMAIL NOTIFICATION: Email
is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com
.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, contact Alfredo Salazar
at (714) 834-5304 or Alsalazar@ochca.com
EEO INFORMATION Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer,
encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous