Definition and Class Characteristics Through the services of its departments, Nevada County's Health & Human Services Agency develops and implements programs that fulfill the County's commitment to provide support to our residents. We are pleased to be recruiting to fill several positions for Registered Nurses (RN), Public Health Nurses (PHN), and Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) in a variety of capacities!
Our Nurses are assigned to different areas of specialty consistent with their academic and clinical training to address a variety of our community needs. Under varying levels of supervision commensurate with the level of each classification, our Nurses provide clinical or field services and population health initiatives, utilizing their professional skills. Each individual may work in direct services with clients, collaboration with partners, and community interventions to improve the health of all residents.
Nurses may provide clinical services such as collecting specimens and administration of medications and vaccines. Our Nurses may be called upon to train and lead teams of other Public Health or other County staff members who are redeployed to contain and/or mitigate the spread of disease and/or to address other emergencies. They may collaborate with local and state partners to coordinate services with primary care and community agencies and to implement up-stream interventions to improve the health and safety of populations.
We are currently seeking Nurses for the following programs and services. Please be sure to apply to all levels of positions for which you feel you may be qualified.
- Several part-time temporary RNs, PHNs, and LVNs. These Nurses will support the Public Health Department's Communicable Disease Team in addressing various aspects of the COVID-19 pandemic. These positions are temporary, part-time. A temporary, part-time employee works an average 20 hours but not more than 29 hours per week, for a maximum of 1000 hours per fiscal year. Temporary employees earn sick leave but are not eligible for benefits or CalPERS.
- One Public Health Nurse to act as a Foster Care Nurse. This PHN is assigned to Child Welfare Services serving children in foster care and other families being served by this division of Social Services. This position is full time and fully benefited. Typical work includes the following:
- Case management and maintenance of the Health and Education Passport.
- Home visits incorporating developmental and safety assessments.
- Medical support and liaison for social workers.
- Collaboration with community partners.
Come join a dedicated and committed group who seek to make our community a safer and healthier place for children in Foster Care.
For fully-benefitted positions, the County of Nevada offers an extensive benefit package including, but not limited to, CalPERS retirement, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, and an FSA. We also offer flexible schedules to our staff, depending on program needs!
Why Nevada County? Our leadership values employee development and engagement, promotes open and transparent communication, sets us up to be a high-performing organization, and recognizes our contributions. Our leadership connects with the community, listens to them, and provides important programming to keep us safe and healthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read the full job description here
.Closing Date/Time: Continuous