As the chief accounting officer of the County reporting directly to the County Executive, ensures the financial integrity of the County. Directs the diverse fiscal activities of the County; performs financial and administrative planning; acts as the ex-officio County Auditor-Controller, County Treasurer-Tax Collector, and County Clerk Recorder; directs and administers the activities of the Controller/Treasurer, Tax Collector, County Clerk-Recorder, and Department of Revenue. Filing Period and Application Procedure
This continuous recruitment is open until filled. The first review of applications will be Monday, September 13, 2021.
The recruitment may be extended or closed as early as 10 days after issue date. You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and to monitor this site for updated closing information.
This recruitment requires the submission of an online application. No paper applications will be accepted. Applicants must apply online at www.sccjobs.org
. Computers are available at the County Government Center, 70 West Hedding Street, 8th Floor, East Wing, San Jose, CA 95110, during normal business hours, for applicants to apply online.All applicants are strongly advised to provide the following:
2. Cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate including specific examples from your experience. (maximum of 3 pages)
3. Application questionnaire.
This additional information is necessary and may be used during the competitive screening process.Domain Experts Corporation (DEC) is assisting the County with this recruitment. For further information or questions on the recruitment , please contact Ms. Veena Ramachandran at 408-748-1800 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Quynh Truong, Executive Services at (408) 315-9559 or email@example.com. STAY UP-TO-DATE ON OUR LATEST EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP RECRUITMENTS
Subscribe to our Executive Leadership Careers Newsletter! Click Here Or follow us onInstagram :: Instagram.com/SCCExecRecruitment Facebook :: facebook.com/SCCExecRecruit Twitter :: @SCCExecRecruit
Typical Tasks Typical Management Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains appropriate administrative policies, services, structures, strategies, controls and reporting systems, and related support for the effective and efficient performance of the Agency functions;
- Establishes and maintains goals, strategies, objectives and plans for carrying out the functions of the Agency consistent with overall County goals;
- Provides leadership to a diverse group of County departments including the Controller/Treasurer, Tax Collector, County Clerk-Recorder, and Department of Revenue;
- Plans, directs, reviews and implements policies and procedures for all line and staff County financial activities, including general accounting, budgetary control, accounting systems and procedures, debt collection, distribution and disbursement of monies;
- Directs coordination of collection activities within the County;
- Consults and advises departmental representatives and other officials in regard to fiscal problems;
- Appoints, supervises and evaluates Agency department heads and provides them with administrative support and services;
- Recommends the annual Agency budget to the County Executive and assists in the presentation to the Board of Supervisors;
- Conserves the Counties rights, interests and resources through independent audits; objective evaluatins and studies;
- Oversees proper maintenance of central control accounts for all funds and securities in the custody of the County;
- Reviews, prepares, and presents complex financial reports and summaries;
- Represents County in intergovernmental collaborative efforts, negotiations and to confer regarding common issues;
- Directs the investment of County funds within established parameters and policies;
- Performs disaster service worker duties, as required;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Considerable executive-level or management experience in planning, organizing and directing diversified and large-scale financial activities to demonstrate the ability to perform the above tasks and the attainment of the knowledge and abilities listed below.
The knowledge and abilities would typically be acquired through training and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a major in Business/Public Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting or a closely related field and a minimum five (5) years recent experience as a Chief Fiscal Officer or Assistant Fiscal Officer in a medium to large-sized public agency.
Local government financial experience and possession of a CPA Certificate or MBA degree are desirable.Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of accounting, auditing, budgeting, general current and deliquent collections and legal enforcement, recording and vital records management, California and other property tax collection, and County Clerk-Recorder functions;
- Principles and practices of contracting and procurement functions;
- Principles and application of data processing systems;
- Laws, regulations and ordinances concerning governmental financial activity, desirable;
- Principles and practices of organization, administration, personnel management and labor relations;
- Intergovernmental agency relationships;
- Through subordinate supervisors and managers, plan organize, direct and evaluate the work of a diverse staff providing financial, recording services, and collection;
- Develop and execute effective strategic initiatives for the agency;
- Facilitate change and transformation activiites;
- Reconcile competing priorities with mutually desirable objectives;
- Interpret, explain and apply complex regulations, laws, directives, policies and procedures;
- Investigate and analyze difficult administrative and personnel problems and implement solutions;
- Coordinate functions and maintain effective working relationships with other departments, agencies, organizations and the public;
- Express ideas effectively in oral and written form;
- Initiate action within the Agency to improve the Agency's ability to perform its duties and achieve its goals.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.