***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY***
LIFEGUARD/SWIM INSTRUCTOR I
The City of Concord is seeking team-oriented individuals to work for the City's Aquatic Program. Under supervision, the Lifeguard/Swim Instructor I performs a variety of duties for the purpose of providing for water safety at Concord Community Pool. This includes organizing, coordinating, conducting, and instructing courses in water safety as well as supervision of the community swimming pool.PLEASE NOTE
: Proof of COVID vaccination is a condition of initial and continued employment. Aquatics Limited-Service Staff Bonus Terms:
- A $250.00 bonus is available to Lifeguard/Swim Instructor I hires who meet the required bonus eligibility terms as described below.
Bonus eligibility based on:
Attending required certification and in-service trainings throughout the season.
Working a minimum of 20 hours a week throughout the season.
Employee having no more than 5 days of pre-planned excused absences. (An excused absence is prescheduled approved time off by a Recreation Program Coordinator.)
Employee having no more than 2 days of unexcused absences. (An unexcused absence is when an employee has an unplanned absence due to illness or an unplanned event.)
If at any time the employee has more than 2 days of unexcused absences, or the employee has more than 5 days of excused absences, the employee will no longer be eligible to receive the $250.00 bonus.
Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
Employees who refer another new hire, who also successfully complete the requirements for the Aquatics Limited-Service Staff Bonus, are eligible for an additional $100.00 referral bonus.
Any bonus earned will be paid during the second pay period of August 2021.
- Performs the tasks necessary to promote public safety at an aquatic facility by Lifeguarding.
- Monitors activities to prevent accidents: enforces facility rules, cautions swimmers regarding unsafe swimming activities, rescues non swimmers and administers first aid.
- Develops, organizes, and instructs beginning, intermediate, and advanced swimming classes for all ages.
- Inspects and maintains equipment and materials to ensure they are in proper working order.
- Takes reports from the public; fills out incident reports, training logs and other forms and paperwork as required.
- Participates in in-service training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to swim 300 yards continuously (100 yards Freestyle, 100 yards Breaststroke, 100 yard either Freestyle or Breaststroke), retrieve 10-pound diving brick from a depth of 13 feet, and tread water for 2 minutes without the use of hands.
Previous Lifeguarding and Swim experience highly desired.
Upon hire, lifeguard training and swim instructor training will be provided. Other:
Minimum age 15. Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours a week, early morning, evening and weekend shifts when required, and attend weekly in-service trainings; be willing to participate in Lifeguard Training, provided by the City of Concord.
Only those candidates who complete the lifeguarding course successfully will be retained. Must be able to clear TB and DOJ clearance.PLEASE NOTE
: Proof of COVID vaccination is a condition of initial and continued employment.