Responsible to ensure the safety of swimmers at Loveland Swim Beach, Chilson and/or Winona Outdoor Pool. Must be available to work early mornings, afternoons, some weekends and holiday hours. Minimum age requirement for all locations is 15 years of age.
All offers are conditional upon a satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Salary range: $12.32-$17.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.Non Benefit Eligible Benefits Package Includes:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Retirement – 457 employee funded plan
- Medical Leave – Up to 48 hours accrued. Accrue 1 hour of leave per 30 hours worked
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Enhances the Recreation Department image and ensures a quality visit to aquatics area.
- Ensures the safety of guests by observing swimmers at all times.
- Effectively responds to emergency situations and performs lifesaving procedures.
- Recordkeeping and assisting in cleaning the pool and surrounding area(s).
- Establishes and maintains a good public relations image with facility guests through proper communications, positive interactions and consistent enforcement of all policies and procedures.
- Disseminates and promotes Parks & Recreation program information and directs guests to proper locations.
- Resolves team or patron concerns through positive interaction, collaboration and the application of appropriate policies and procedures.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Consistently reports to work properly outfitted/equipped as outlined in staff policies.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS:Knowledge skills and abilities:
- May be required to cross train in other areas for duties as assigned.
Core competencies: Accountability, Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness
- Must possess the ability to react quickly and correctly in emergency situations in order to perform required lifesaving procedures.
- Ability to make sound judgments, exercise conflict resolution and exhibit patience when dealing with stressful and/or disciplinary situations.
- Ability to safely and properly use required equipment.
- Must possess knowledge of all rules and regulations pertaining to water safety including all authorized signals and emergency procedures.
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions and communicate in a friendly, positive and professional manner with co-workers and the general public.
- Must be available to work some evenings, weekend and holiday hours.
- Must possess proven excellent customer service skills.
- Minimum age requirements for all locations is 15 years of age.
Education and/or experience:Prior lifeguarding experience preferred. Customer service training preferred.
Licensure and/or certifications:Current Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid certification required.Swim beach lifeguard-Waterfront Lifeguard Certification preferred or able to obtain within 30-days of hire.
Material and equipment directly used:
Rescue equipment, water chemistry test kits, pool mechanical systems, two-way radios
Working Environment and Required Background Checks:
Must possess the physical stamina and ability to react and respond quickly and effectively to emergency situations by utilizing strong swimming skills and performing the necessary lifesaving procedures. In a public pool environment, may be exposed to noisy, distracting and stressful situations. Requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, moving and positioning objects up to 50 pounds. Must be available to work some evenings, weekend and holiday hours.This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
The City of Loveland provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.All offers are conditional upon a satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen