The PositionThis is a limited continuous filing exam. Next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on: 9/30/21, 10/29/21, 12/1/21, 1/28/22 (final)Note: Vacancies may be permanent or intermittent on-call.
The Pharmacy Technician performs technical duties in the preparation, packaging and distribution of pharmaceuticals; performs a variety of duties related to inventory control, record keeping, and customer service; and performs related duties as assigned. Watch to explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and AbilitiesKnowledge of
- Pharmaceutical terminology
- Characteristics, strengths, and dosage forms of pharmaceuticals
- Pharmaceutical systems of weights, measures and calculations
- Operation and care of pharmacy equipment
- Pharmaceutical procedures and techniques
- Inventory control procedures
- Laws, rules and regulations governing technician activities and the handling and storage of pharmaceuticals including controlled substances
Employment QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- Read, understand and apply laws, rules and regulations related to pharmacy practice
- Count, pour and mix with accuracy, precision and speed
- Maintain accuracy and attention to detail under pressure from time, people or situations
- Perform basic mathematical computations
- Operate office machines and equipment used in the course of the work such as personal computers utilizing email, word processing, database, or pharmacy software; and pharmaceutical equipment including automatic dispensing machine, packing machine and counting machine
- Use basic weighing and measuring devices used in filling prescriptions
- Type drug labels accurately
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with pharmacists, pharmacy assistants, physicians, nurses and the public
- Communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse public
Current certificate of registration as a Pharmacy Technician from the California State Board of Pharmacy.Note:
If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination.Special Requirements
The County may access criminal history information on all candidates who have accepted a conditional offer of appointment for the above job class consistent with the provisions of the Board of Supervisors Resolution No. 82-602, Personnel Policies and Procedure B-5 and applicable federal and state law. The County shall not consider for employment any candidate who has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor that relates to or impacts the candidate's ability to perform the job duties of this class unless it is determined that mitigating circumstances exist. For purposes of accessing criminal history information, the candidate will be fingerprinted. A subsequent arrest notification may be obtained.
The County may also conduct a background check on the candidate prior to appointment to a position within this class. The background check may include personal and professional reference checks, credit history check, Social Security Number verification, professional license/registration verification, military service information and driving history. Information obtained in the course of this background check will be considered by the appointing authority in the selection process. In obtaining such information, the County will comply with applicable consent and disclosure practices in the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the California Investigative Consumer Reporting Agencies Act.
License Requirements : Possession of a valid certificate from the California State Board of Pharmacy as a registered Pharmacy Technician.Note:
Failure to maintain the appropriate license may constitute cause for dismissal from the class under applicable Civil Service Rules.
Working Conditions : Duties may require exposure to hostile and/or emotionally disturbed persons, and work in dangerous, high-crime areas of the community.
Child and Elder Abuse Reporting : Persons selected for employment must, as a condition of employment, sign a statement agreeing to comply with Section 11166 and 11160 of the California Penal Code relating to child and elder abuse reporting.Probationary Period
The probationary period for this classification is twelve (12)
months. Application and Testing InformationAPPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail EmployOffice@Saccounty.netInter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
www.saccountyjobs.netClosing Date/Time: 1/28/2022 5:00 PM Pacific