The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is offering an excellent career opportunity for qualified individuals interested in the Dietitian position for the Nutritional Services Program at the Contra Costa Regional Medical Center.
Dietitians provide nutrition education to individuals and groups and will plan, implement, and evaluate a nutritional care program for hospital and health center patients. Duties also include working with patients, physicians, food service personnel, and other health care team members for the provisions of optimal nutrition care. Additionally, Dietitians gather information from appropriate sources to make nutritional assessments that are then used to develop a plan for patient nutrition health care. Dietitians also observe patients and family members for nutritional information, monitor and record health care data and review charts to maintain quality assurance. The successful incumbent will be responsible for identifying patients requiring nutrition intervention and developing menu plans. Dietitians may also be required to work on weekends and on an on-call basis. We are looking for someone who has:
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Ability to accurately assess, diagnose and treat nutrition-related conditions
- Knowledge of dietetics and hospital food services and practices
- Knowledge of nutrition requirements for a wide variety of patients
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail and excellent observation skills ensuring that nutritional assessments are completed
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify nutrition requirements for a wide variety of patients and accommodate cultural and linguistic differences
Read the complete job description at www.cccounty.us/hr
The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six (6) months. TENTATIVE EXAM DATETentative Training and Experience Evaluation:
Periodically Until Filled Typical Tasks
Minimum Qualifications Certification:
- Compiles relevant information from appropriate sources to make nutritional assessments of high risk patients
- Observes and interviews patients and family members for nutritional information
- Develops and implements a plan for the provision of optimal nutrition care
- Develops educational materials and provides nutrition education and consultation to individuals and groups, and evaluates effectiveness
- Identifies and prioritizes patients requiring nutrition intervention
- Develops menu patterns for individuals in accordance with physicians' orders
- Monitors and records data in the nutrition care plan and charts the nutritional progress of individuals
- Participates in interdisciplinary nutrition support rounds
- Updates and participates in the development of nutrition policies and procedures
- Provides in-service reviews on a quarterly basis to maintain quality assurance
- Provides in-service training to Nutritional Services staff and other health care team members
- Participates in orienting resident physicians to the role of nutrition in patient care
- Assigns nutrition care related tasks to appropriate personnel and coordinates the performance of these tasks
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of clinical nutrition care services
- Conducts special studies and projects as assigned
Current Certificate of Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, the credentialing for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.OR2a.
Successful completion of an Accredited Dietetic Internship Program; AND 2b.
Proof of acceptance for admission to the next scheduled examination for Registered Dietitian by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. (Must successfully pass the examination prior to appointment date).OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
A background investigation/fingerprint and/or physical exam may be required prior to the start of employment. A COMPLETED SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE IS REQUIRED AND YOU MUST ATTACH A COPY OF YOUR CERTIFICATION. Selection Process 1. Application Filing:
All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date. A completed supplemental questionnaire is required at the time of applying.2. Application Evaluation:
Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.3. Training and Experience Evaluation:
Consists of an evaluation of each candidate's relevant education, training and/or experience as presented on the application and supplemental questionnaire. (Weighted 100%).
4. Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on the employment list.
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements
Please note that as of August 24, 2021, Contra Costa County enacted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement for employees. Proof of full vaccination will be required of all employees, including new hires, no later than September 30, 2021. The policy requirements can be found here: https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/72164/2021824-Mandatory-Vaccination-Policy-PDF?bidId= CONVICTION HISTORY
After you receive a conditional job offer, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you have received a conditional job offer. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with Contra Costa County. If you accept a conditional job offer, the Human Resources department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment. DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Contra Costa County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identify, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.