Summary WORKING FOR THE CITY OF MCKINNEY
Working for the City of McKinney is more than a job. It is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. It is also an opportunity to have a hand in the development of one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. In 2014, our community was named "The #1 Best Place to Live in America." Although proud of that honor, everyone on our team is committed to making McKinney an even better place to live, work and raise a family. That's why we exist. OUR CORE VALUES
City of McKinney employees work hard and at a very fast pace. However, we also look after and support one another. All of us are guided by four employee-inspired values â€" Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (RISE). We are also supported by servant-based leaders who foster and support a healthy, family-oriented culture. All new employees are expected to embrace and live by our core values and commit to helping us sustain our exceptional work environment as a high performance organization. SUMMARY OF POSITION
Under general supervision, the Slide Attendant is responsible for creating a warm and welcoming environment for the aquatic area by providing excellent customer service, enforcing safety rules, and overseeing the entrance and exit of pool visitors. Essential Functions/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities GENERAL EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
In order for us to continue to achieve our primary function of making McKinney a better place to live, work, and raise a family, we hold these expectations for all employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn and demonstrate an understanding of how team, department, and City goals are interconnected.
- Contribute to a positive work culture.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to assess his/her work performance or the work performance of the team.
- Contribute to the development of others and/or the working unit or overall organization.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team, to demonstrate team skills, and to perform a fair share of team responsibilities.
- Ability to continuously learn and develop through a mix of internal and external training opportunities, and if applicable, encourage subordinates to do the same.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Welcome guests to the pool area
- Ensure accurate height measurement of guests based on pool safety rules.
- Distribute wrist bands to guests based on height.
- Dispatch slide riders based on relevant safety rules and procedures.
- Provide positive and enthusiastic customer service to all aquatic participants.
- Set up cabanas in a timely manner.
- Check coolers for glass, alcohol, or other prohibited items
- Assist with cabana cleaning and set-up.
- Clean pool area as needed.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that aligns with the values, philosophies and standards of The Apex Centre (enthusiastic, courteous, helpful, smiling, attentive to guests, etc.). This includes wearing approved attire and nametag while in the facility.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings.
- Adhere to all written mandatory standards of operation, policies, procedures, manuals, memos, and oral instructions, etc.
- Supervise the pool, guard office, etc. to keep children and non-members out of unauthorized areas.
- Arrive to work every day, on time as scheduled, in the appropriate work attire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Provide back-up support to other areas of the Parks and Recreation Department as needed.
Required Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to embrace and embody the City's core values of Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (R.I.S.E.).
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, subordinates, and people to whom service is provided.
- Ability to produce desired work outcomes, including quality, quantity, and timeliness.
- Ability to plan and organize work, time, and resources, and if applicable, that of subordinates.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to attend all training and meetings as required
- Present a clean, well-groomed appearance
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The ability to work in a team environment; contribute as a team member and treat co-workers, subordinates and customers with respect.
- Build professional relationships with internal staff and customers.
- Offer flexibility and adaptability, especially during times of change.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications may be an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Minimum age - 16.
- Must have a current American Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certificates or the ability to obtain upon employment.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with the public especially children.
- Must be available for rotating schedules that will include weekends and evenings.
- Must have reliable transportation; may travel to other facilities to fill staffing needs or attend meetings.
Physical Demands/Supplemental PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must pass a drug screen and background check.
- Must have Class C Texas Driver's License
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long period of time
- Must be alert at all times to activities going on in and around the pool
- Occasionally must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 50lbs.
- May frequently be required to bend and kneel
- Special vision requirements include: close vision; distance vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
There will be exposure to certain environmental conditions in performing the essential functions of this job, to include:
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Wet or humid non-weather conditions.
- Fumes or airborne particles.
- Outdoor weather conditions and Extreme heat (non-weather).
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed as of the date of preparation and approval. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and all requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The City of McKinney is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to an alcohol / drug free workplace and to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous