This is a continuous recruitment to fill Part-Time Park Aide vacancies on an as needed basis.
Under general supervision, this position performs unskilled work in the routine ground and custodial care and maintenance of City parks, facilities, athletic venues, grounds, and other landscaped and recreation areas; and performs related duties as assigned.
- This is a part-time, at-will position
- This position requires enrollment in the City's Alternate Retirement Systems (ARS)
- This position is not eligible for any health insurance or retirement benefits under the Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS) of Nevada
- Work schedule is Friday and Saturday from 5:00 am to 3:00 pm OR Saturday and Sunday from 5:00 am to 3:00 pm and not to exceed 19 hours a week
- This position may be required to work holidays
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description and physical requirements.
Click here to learn more about the Department of Parks and Recreation.
Click here to see what it's like to live in/visit Henderson. Minimum Qualifications
Required Documents/Assessment Information DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:1)
- Graduation from high school or equivalent
- Six (6) months of full-time equivalent experience performing general maintenance work
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483
Completed Employment Application2)
Completed Supplemental QuestionnaireASSESSMENT DATES:
Written Examination (Weighted 50%) - Dates to be determined
(Best Qualified Candidates)
Oral Board Interview (Weighted 50%) - Dates to be determined
(Top Scoring Candidates)
Selection Interview - D ates to be determined
(Top Scoring Candidates)
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above. All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system.
P lease check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report. Selection Process
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department in writing prior to the close of the recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a medical/physical examination including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
Closing Date/Time: 3/31/2022 3:30 PM Pacific