Johnson County Mental Health Center is hiring a licensed Master's Level Clinician
to work in their Adult Services Program. The Clinician will work as part of a treatment team and provide clinical services to individuals with severe mental illness, including mood disorders. The focus is on recovery, primarily using the Strengths Based Model of practice. This position will remain open until filled.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Conducts comprehensive clinical assessments as a part of the intake and diagnostic process, ongoing provision of services, and/or crisis intervention; identifies individual needs and diagnoses substance use and/or mental health disorders; assesses individual risk for suicide and other safety related concerns; determines the need for medication evaluation and referral; interprets and communicates relevant information to individuals, families, and other stakeholders.
- Develops complex treatment and intervention plans to address the clinical needs of individuals in single or multiple areas of focus; networks with other community agencies to research and coordinate a variety of resources and services to address comprehensive, intensive, or long term individual needs; encourages the establishment and maintenance of support systems; collaborates with other providers in the development, implementation, and review of plans.
- Provides psychotherapy and other clinical and therapeutic services for a designated case load of individuals, groups, and families with complex, intensive, or ongoing needs; ensures services provided are consistent with individual plans; initiates and attends individual and/ or group meetings and provides services in a community based setting; organizes and facilitates skill development, clinical, and support groups; responds to emergency or crisis related requests from individuals and/or agencies; arranges for appropriate care and services; reviews and updates diagnosis and level of care.
- Completes and submits clinical documentation regarding services provided; evaluates and documents individuals' progress according to measurable goals; reviews and approves documentation and plans of care developed by other staff to ensure services are consistent with the level of care required for each individual's needs; monitors the quality and effectiveness of services provided.
- Serves as the clinical expert on the treatment team by providing consultation to case managers, providing crisis intervention support for the team and serving as the back-up to the Team Leader.
Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Addiction Counseling, or other Human Services field and Kansas Behavioral Sciences licensure* at the master's level in the area of focus and a valid KS/MO driver's license with an acceptable driving record required.
*Applicants who meet Kansas licensure requirements may be considered if Kansas licensure is obtained by time of an employment offer and licensure is pending confirmation at the time of employment application.
Kansas Behavioral Sciences license at the clinical level; licensed as a Masters or Clinical Addiction Counselor by the Behavioral Health Sciences Regulatory Board with the State of Kansas, experience working in a community mental health setting and/or experience with Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) preferred.
Johnson County Government requires reference/background screening for all positions. Specified criteria may vary by Department/Agency. Physical, Environmental, and Special Working Conditions:
All County employees may be called upon to assist other departments/agencies in a declared emergency situation.
Occasional (less than 5%)
Health, Welfare, and Social Services