Description: Advancement Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt II RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Administers Development's Blackbaud data systems
- Responsible for administering Blackbaud access and ensuring permissions are appropriate by staff role.
- Maintains the Raiser's Edge database according to a set schedule and task list.
- Develops and maintains Raiser's Edge query and reporting customizations to support data access and timely reporting.
- Writes and runs highly complex optimized queries to obtain Raiser's Edge data used for reports, dashboards, and data visualizations, and supporting documentation
- Serves as lead in system training and addressing user problems associated with Blackbaud systems. This includes researching solutions using the Blackbaud knowledgebase, contacting Blackbaud support when needed, and creating documentation geared towards CI's customized version of Blackbaud tools.
- Ensures The Raiser's Edge NXT is functioning as a robust CRM, with appropriate uses of all areas within NXT and ancillary solutions including functionalities such as actions, media, notes, custom fields, events, and memberships for constituent records.
- Responsible for keeping code tables up to date according to fundraising and financial reporting needs.
- Uses critical thinking skills, applies logic and strategies to identify issues, and collaboratively addresses challenges and creates solutions.
Oversees data integrity of Development systems
- Implements ongoing Raiser's Edge database projects, including projects that involve external data and information sources. Examples include mass additions of academic degree information, obtaining and incorporating corrections based on national change of address data, mass updates of email and phone information, and mass imports of employment and post-graduate information.
- Oversees the Advancement Operations email account, ensuring that all requests are assessed and completed in a timely fashion either directly or by Development student workers or other staff.
- Responsible for training staff and student workers in Raiser's Edge data entry procedures.
- Working closely with gift processing staff and Development fundraising staff, monitors work and implements improvements to ensure quality of data.
- Implements and manages quality controls through data audits to ensure accurate handling of all alumni and donor data. Builds data processes to ensure data accuracy. Sets the standards for data accuracy.
- Develops technical and training documentation needed to ensure data integrity and verification of data accuracy.
Business intelligence and data analysis
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
- Functions as a business intelligence team member assisting on projects and data requests. May participate in meetings and campus committees of staff working in systems and data analysis.
- Comfortable working with data queries and reports based on information from The Raiser's Edge and other data sources.
- Develops, supports, and administers complex projects associated with effectively integrating information from different systems using import and export processes.
- Analyzes data and completes periodic reporting. Reports include monthly Development fundraising reports, quarterly Alumni and Friends Association membership reporting, and annual reporting to the Chancellor's office (Voluntary Support of Education survey, CSU Philanthropic Productivity Summary Sheet).
- Using methods such as data modeling, forecasting, and evaluating characteristics of CI major donors and engaged volunteers, develops techniques and processes for identifying key indicators for new major donor prospects and future volunteers. Using those indicators, works with Development prospect management and research staff to find prospects for assessment.
A minimum of two years relevant experience either administering or maintaining databases and hands-on work with financial or biographical data in data systems is required. Very strong data skills are required, as is proficiency with data tools such as Excel, Access, Tableau, Crystal Reports, or SQL (or similar programming language). Prior experience working in an advancement operations role for a non-profit fundraising organization or in a higher education Advancement or finance role is strongly preferred. Also preferred is experience working with Blackbaud's data products and tools (The Raiser's Edge, The Raiser's Edge NXT, ResearchPoint, Target Analytics), as well as awareness of other data products (e.g., PeopleSoft, Ellucian Advance, LiveAlumni, Symplicity, Gravyty).
Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and to communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues within the Development Department as well as across campus. Must be able to manage multiple projects and accurately set and meet deadlines. Travel to and attendance at various functions, meetings and conferences is required and occasional work is required on nights and weekends. Must successfully complete the Defensive Driver Training Program and to provide proof of eligibility to lawfully operate a motor vehicle in the State of California. A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Hiring Salary: $5,000 - $6,250 per month
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled