Description: Working Title
Director of Web, Mobile and Cloud Applications Administrator Level
This position is an Administrator III in the California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP), reporting to the Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Information Technology Services SF State University.
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing email@example.com.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. Department
Information Technology Services Time Base
Full-Time (1.0) Work Schedule
Monday through Friday; 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Anticipated Hiring Range
$10,834.00 - $12,500.00 Per Month ($130,008.00 - $150,000.00 Annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position Summary
Reporting to the Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Information Technology Services, the incumbent will lead the Web, Mobile and Cloud Applications (WMCA) team, which implements campus-wide web content management, web application design, mobile technology and cloud solutions, and oversees web security and access control. The Director is also responsible for managing projects and resources beyond the WMCA team for web, mobile integration, cloud applications and application security related projects. The position serves in a management level role, providing strategic and operational direction for Web, Mobile and Cloud Applications, including managing the staff to support it. The position will also ensure successful user experience (UX) for applications and oversee successful quality assurance (QA) and release management.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a proven track record of leveraging the expertise of functional stakeholders, ideally at both leadership and technical/operational levels. This person will showcase the knowledge and willingness to continually stay on top of the latest industry products and technologies and to create an inspiring team environment with an inclusive, open, engaged, and communicative culture. They will also bring an understanding of current best practices in data management, analysis, and reporting that encompasses both technical and business considerations. Position Information
The responsibilities of the Web, Mobile and Cloud Applications Director include, but are not limited to, the following: IT Strategic Planning and Innovation
- Oversee development and support activities for Web, Mobile, and Cloud Applications.
- Plan and manage enterprise level projects, overseeing functional and technical aspects of the implementation effort using effective project management skills.
- Establish service management governance, procedures and standards for application development and support to ensure consistent, quality releases.
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders to build an applications roadmap that is responsive to the business vision, goals, and overall strategy of the university.
- Establish and refine goals, performance, and accountability measures to ensure staff are meeting timelines, working efficiently, and providing high levels of service delivery.
- Provide leadership in streamlining the technology stack required for application development.
- Coordinate information management, business continuity planning, quality assurance, user feedback, document library and collaboration with campus IT.
- Responsible for defining technology strategy and establishing technology architecture for WMCA.
- Perform IT tactical and strategic planning for web, mobile and cloud application support and development
- Based on such planning, manage implementation and development products and projects, coordinating all functional and technical aspects of the implementation efforts, including coordinating change requests and service requests.
- Establish an environment of innovation by researching and examining current and new technology trends.
- Work with the ITS Enterprise Applications (EA) team in validating that tactical and strategic applications development plans within WMCA are also appropriate from the EA perspective.
- Work with the ITS Systems team in determining that technology choices arising from the planning process are also relevant to the ITS strategic technologies plan.
- Oversee application security including the protection of web accessed data repositories and the appropriate use of security technologies in these protections.
- Work with both executive and student focus groups in the governance processes associated with mobile applications.
- Represent SF State in CSU-wide meetings and conferences as appropriate.
Other duties as assigned Minimum Qualifications
- Build appropriate training and time management activities and processes for the effective allocation of staff to tasks while also keeping current in technologies and best practices.
- Supporting the Systems Identity management team as related to the application support infrastructure of identity management.
- Coordinate the applicable WMCA team response to Information Security Officer (ISO) initiated objectives and required or requested mitigations.
- Establishes goals, performance, and accountability measures to ensure staff are meeting timelines, working efficiently, and providing high levels of service delivery.
- Manages key vendor relationships with ITS vendors and service providers.
- Manages relationships and negotiations with vendors for Web, Mobile and Cloud Applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computing Science, a related science field, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of seven years in progressively responsible IT roles, including enterprise-wide applications development and support.
- Demonstrated five years of leading complex IT application projects in non-profit/Higher Education environment.
- Demonstrated success in managing or supervising a development team.
- Demonstrated success in working with collaborative IT governance bodies.
- Extensive experience with and working knowledge of software development methodologies, application security, and application architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize proven implementation methodologies and project management tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex issues, plans and concepts to diverse populations, including executive management.
- Strong problem-solving, leadership, team building, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in full life-cycle projects.
- Master's Degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Computing Science, or a related field.
- Project Management Certifications (e.g. PMP, Certified Scrum Master).
- Ten years or more experience in progressively responsible ITS roles.
- Demonstrated experience in mobile development and support scenarios with native applications.
- Demonstrated experience with web development (e.g. Drupal content management).
- Demonstrated experience with user experience and quality assurance methodologies.
- Demonstrated success in leading complex IT projects in non-profit/Higher Education environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of underlying technologies (i.e. databases, operating systems, and hardware).
- Experience in the use of Confluence / Jira in a development organization.
- ITIL Certification
May need to work outside the standard work schedule if the situation warrants Pre-Employment Requirements
This position requires the successful completion of a background check. Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire. Benefits
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee. Additional Information
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: September 21, 2022