This a responsible professional position at the unit level. Specific duties include testing, mental health evaluation, conducting therapy, crisis intervention, follow up assessments, and diagnostic services as well as counseling assigned patient caseload. This position functions under the supervision of a higher level licensed psychologist, but the individual has full professional responsibility for higher actions and advice.
• Detection of severe mental illness in all P/P interaction.
• Offender Risk Management.
• Management of severely mental ill and at risk offenders
• Processes referrals to medical and mental health providers, along with referrals to other programs.
• Provide therapeutic services for assigned caseload.
• Reports OPI and offender threats to others to security as instructed by Safe Prisons Plan.
• Correct and thorough completion of all types of clinical interviews.
• Assessments written based upon balanced clinical judgment.
• Assist in the management of patient treatment.
• Effectively prioritizing job duties while maintaining risk management as a priority.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
• ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
• KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
• INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
• VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
• BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
• Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
• 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
• Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
• State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
• State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
• Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
• And much more.
Other duties as assigned.
+Education:+ * Master's degree in psychology or a related field from an accredited college or university.
The Applicant may have a Master's and a licensure as an LPC or LMFT or Ph.D. in Psychology. Also, an Applicant may have a LMSW or LCSW.
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selectedand budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.