Department: DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY
Division: B&I - TAXICAB AUTHORITY
Business Unit: HR-TAXICAB AUTHORITY
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 39
Salary Range: $61,011.36 - $91,350.00
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: ADRIAN L FOSTER
Phone: 702 486-2911
Compliance/Enforcement Investigators perform investigative and enforcement functions to monitor compliance and enforce State and/or Federal laws or regulations pertaining to a specific program or regulatory area. Incumbents must possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training. This position is extremely important to monitor the Clark County cab companies as well as the cab drivers to be sure that the NRSs and NACs are being followed and that the riding public is being serviced according to their Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity.
Incumbents will be working a variable work schedule to include day, swing, and graveyard shifts.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-13_0//
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in criminal justice, police science, psychology, business administration or closely related field; and one year of professional investigative, law enforcement, or program related experience where standard investigative and enforcement techniques were utilized to make program compliance determinations, enforcement of state and federal laws, preparation of detailed reports for the purpose of justifying administrative sanctions, penalties or criminal prosecution. Work experience may be obtained in a law enforcement, investigative, regulatory or comparable setting; OR graduation from high school or equivalent education; and three years of professional experience as outlined above; OR one year of experience as a Compliance/Enforcement Investigator I in Nevada State service.
Graduation from a Category II (at minimum) peace officer academy approved by the Nevada Commission on Peace Officers' Standards and Training (POST) is required. Applicants must attach a copy of this certificate to their application.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Incumbents in the Compliance/Enforcement Investigator II, III, Supervisory Compliance/Enforcement Investigator and Chief Investigator, Compliance/Enforcement classes must maintain Nevada POST Category II certification as a condition of continuing employment.
- Incumbents carry firearms in the performance of their duties and must maintain a quarterly qualifying score of 70 or better with a firearm.
- Incumbents may be required to operate an authorized emergency vehicle.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continued employment.
- Applicants must submit to a background, medical, polygraph and psychological evaluation prior to employment. Applicants may be required to pay for background fingerprinting and DMV history fees.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in these positions must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- Pursuant to NAC 289.110 applicants must meet minimum standards for appointment prior to employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas