California State University, Fresno
Lyles College of Engineering
Department of Civil and Geomatics Engineering
Title: Water Resources Engineering / Environmental Engineering
Rank: Assistant Professor
Status: Tenure Track
Start: Fall 2022 (August 2022)
This position will teach a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses and laboratories and conduct research in hydraulics, water resources, and environmental engineering. We seek applications from individuals who can contribute to the quality of Lyles College of Engineering's academic programs in the broad area of water resources engineering. The tenure-track faculty position will be expected to:
- Contribute to the instructional programs in the broad areas of water resources and civil engineering by teaching undergraduate and graduate courses,
- Mentor undergraduate and graduate students,
- Actively pursue grants and contracts and conduct research in the area of water resources engineering,
- Collaborate with faculty members in the Lyles College of Engineering and Fresno State's water resources programs,
- Help develop short term courses, workshops, and seminars,
- Assist with growing the enrollment in the Civil Engineering graduate program especially in the Water Resources and Environmental Engineering Option,
- Engagement in service activities at all levels of the university
- Specific assignments will depend on department and college needs.
Our Students: California State University, Fresno is committed to serving our students with a focus on inclusion. Fresno State has been recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI); an Asian American/Native American/Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI); and has been designated to the Community Engagement Classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (or related discipline)
- An earned doctorate in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering (or similar fields). ABD candidates must have the doctorate completed by 8/1/2022.
- A Professional license as a Civil or Environmental Engineer will be required for tenure.
- Qualifying degrees must be from an accredited institution or foreign equivalent.
- The successful candidate should have an excellent record or potential for establishing an excellent record in university level instruction.
- The ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds. The University is committed to promoting the success of all, and to reducing the barriers to success related to differences in areas such as race, ethnicity, culture, disability, and more. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and identify their strengths and experiences in this area. For additional information on the University's commitment to diversity visit: www.csufresno.edu/diversity.
- Teaching experience at the university level
- Professional experience
- Possessing professional license in the United States as a Civil or Environmental Engineer
- The ability to attract sponsored research in water resources.
To ensure full consideration, applicants should submit all application materials by November 30, 2021, review of applications may continue until the position is filled. This position automatically closes on May 1, 2022.
Apply online at: http://careers.fresnostate.edu
Attach the following:
- a cover letter, specifically addressing required experience and preferred qualifications;
- a curriculum vitae;
- diversity statement (maximum two pages);
- teaching statement (maximum two pages);
- research statement (maximum two pages);
- names and contact information of three professional references.
Candidates invited for an on-campus visit must submit by mail/e-mail within the designated deadline. The Search Chair will send information and requests for these items:
- Official transcripts
- Three current letters of recommendation.
Search Chair: Fayzul Pasha, PhD, PE
Department of Civil/Geomatics Engineering
Lyles College of Engineering
Email: email@example.com About Fresno State
California State University, Fresno is an engaged University. We focus on broadening students' intellectual horizons, fostering lifelong learning skills, developing the leaders of tomorrow, promoting community involvement, and instilling an appreciation of world cultures. We nurture cultural competence by celebrating the rich diversity of the campus community and welcoming the participation of all. Members of the University community work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds. For information on the University's commitment and dedication to creating a university known for its integrity, civility, equity, respect, and ethical behavior, visit: http://www.fresnostate.edu/academics/diversity
The campus is ranked 24 th in the nation by Washington Monthly
; ranked 3 rd by U.S. News & World Report
in graduation rate performance for public institutions; and, ranked 41 st in the nation in MONEY Magazines 50 Best Public Colleges
Tenure-Track Faculty members gain a clear path to tenure through the University's Probationary Plan Process. For additional information, please visit: www.fresnostate.edu/academics/facultyaffairs/procedures/facultyrtp/
. We value our commitment to the success of our faculty by providing services from the Center for Faculty Excellence to Research and Sponsored Programs. About the College and Department:
The Civil Engineering Program is part of the Civil and Geomatics Engineering Department in the Lyles College of Engineering at Fresno State. We offer Bachelor's of Science (B.S.C.E), Master's of Science degrees in Civil Engineering (M.S.C.E), and Master of Science in Civil Engineering with Option in Water Resources and Environmental Engineering (M.S.C.E. - WREE). The Civil Engineering program is accredited by ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) which represents the major professional engineering groups in the United States. Civil Engineering progam has a rich history of collaborating with the industry and agency for research, development, planning, design, construction, and maintenance associated with urban development, water supply, structures, energy generation and transmission, water treatment and disposal, and transportation systems. In recent years, the department successfully secured national, regional, and local grants to conduct applied research. The department seeks candidates that will help achieve its mission to develop character, build leaders, and sustain learning, and continue the growth of the department in teaching, research, and service. Territorial Acknowledgement:
The Fresno State campus sits in the midst of the San Joaquin Valley, a valley rich in the traditions and representation of Native American peoples and cultures. We are grateful to be in the traditional homelands of the Yokuts and Mono peoples, whose diverse tribal communities share stewardship over this land . Other Campus Information:
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Fresno has made crime-reporting statistics available to applicants, students, and employees online at www.fresnostate.edu/police/clery/index.shtml. Print copies are available by request from the Campus Police Department.
A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily for this position. Any offer of employment may be withdrawn, or employment may be terminated based upon the results of the background investigation.
The person holding this position is considered a "limited reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017, as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following website: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html.
California State University, Fresno is a smoke-free campus. For more information, please click http://fresnostate.edu/adminserv/smokefree/index.html
California State University, Fresno is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status
Closing Date/Time: April 29, 2022