The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Health Educator II providing support to the Cherokee County Health Department. This is a classified position (PIN#34003374) in state government, located in Tahlequah, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package
, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents . For more information about the benefit allowance [ click here
] . The annual salary for this position is up to $43,071.17 based on education and experience . Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
The functions in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Conducts needs assessments at the individual, organizational, and community levels to determine appropriate theoretical basis from which to initiate programmatic and strategic planning.
• Conducts programmatic and strategic planning with stakeholders in regard to health issues and infrastructure development.
• Implements and/or monitors the implementation of evidence-based health education curricula and health promotion programs with an emphasis on program completeness, fidelity, and evaluation.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of health education/promotion programs and makes necessary changes.
• Assists in the development of grant related documents and proposals.
• Establishes and maintains partnerships with agencies, communities, or organizations in determining the need for specialized health education programs and the planning, implementation, and evaluation of such programs; this includes strategic planning, the use of logic models, development of performance measures, and specific application of health behavior theory.
• Prepares and delivers public presentations for selected audiences.
• Other duties as assigned. BASIC PURPOSE
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of health education/promotion programs. LEVEL DESCRIPTORS
The Health Educator job family consists of three levels, which are distinguished by the complexity of the duties performed, the depth and breadth of accountability, and the level of expertise required for completion of assigned tasks. Level II:
This is the specialist level where incumbents are assigned advanced level responsibilities for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health education programs such as serving as a team leader or lead worker on specific projects, programs, or activities. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Level II:
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a Bachelor's degree in Health Education, Health Promotion, Community Health, School Health Education, Health Studies, Nutrition, Health Behavior, Public Health or Nursing, PLUS
one year of experience in public health education or community development. SPECIAL REQUIREMENT
Some positions may require that the education and/or experience or the certification may be in a specific area. NOTES
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Closing Date/Time: 12/30/2021 11:59:00 PM