Located in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale, Arizona is bordered by Phoenix to the west and the McDowell Mountains on the east. Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation's most desirable communities to live in, visit and do business in. Check out more about Scottsdale
.About The Position
Performs maintenance work in the field of landscape maintenance. Selection Process
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview and an assessment exercise. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
Minimum Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
- Motor Vehicle Department Records Check
- Drug Screening
Licensing, Certifications, and Other Requirements:
- A high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties as described and excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted Arizona driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date.
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on department/section assignment. Essential Functions
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Performs routine work in the maintenance, landscape, upkeep, and repair of: City medians, easements, alleys, bike paths, right-of-ways, parks, and downtown areas.
- Trims and prunes shrubs and trees.
- Cleans ramadas, sidewalks, patios, restrooms, and drinking fountains utilizing various manually operated tools and water hoses.
- Trims and weeds areas using: powered mowers, weed-eaters, and manual tools.
- Manually digs up ground to perform minor sprinkler repair and maintenance.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click here to review the entire job description.The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
- Operate small and medium hand-held equipment weighing up to 50 pounds such as: blowers, weed eaters, trimmers, edgers, chainsaws, mowers, and power washers.
: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.