Description:Vice Provost for Student Academic Success Administrator IVPosting Details
Priority Application Deadline (Posting will remain open until filled): Monday, November 8, 2021 at 11:55 p.m.Hiring Preference
Not Applicable Position Summary
The Vice Provost for Student Academic Success is a member of the Provost's senior leadership team and serves as the student academic success manager in the Division of Academic Affairs. In this role, the Vice Provost, in collaboration with Deans and other administrative divisions of the university manages student success initiatives, priorities, and leads the student success efforts in Academic Affairs. This position coordinates all student academic success efforts in the Provost's office; student issues, enrollment management, course schedule building and coordination, analysis, and classroom utilization. The incumbent oversees the operations in the Community Engagement Center and the Carlsen Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The Vice Provost for Student Academic Success will have a dotted line relationship to the Vice President of Student Affairs and will work closely with the head of the Anchor Unit and the Vice President for Inclusive Excellence, as well as other duties as assigned.FLSA
: ExemptCSU Classification Salary Range
: $9,167.00 to $27,500.00 per month Hiring Range
: $9,167.00 to $15,334 per monthRecruitment Type
: Regular (at-will)Time Base
: Full-TimePay Plan
: 12 monthWork Hours
: 8am to 5pm; other hours as required/neededDepartment Information
Academic Affairs provides leadership to the academic and educational activity of the University, including: the seven Academic Colleges, University Library, and the College of Continuing Education.
The Office of Academic Affairs remains focused on the major elements of Sacramento State's mission - access, diversity, quality, and the fullest university experience for our students.Required Qualifications
1. Five years of leadership experience in a university, or equivalent;
2. Possession of a terminal degree and additional academic qualifications that would merit appointment as a tenured faculty member (e.g., publication and teaching record) or equivalent in a discipline represented in the University.
3. Experience with Academic Programs, student success best practices, and/or retention initiatives in a university setting;
4. Evidence of successful project management experience;
5. Experience with and commitment to interdisciplinary programs and scholarship;
6. Extensive experience with shared governance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Demonstrated commitment to and experience with:
7. Best practices in student success and issues related to underserved students
8. Diversity, equity, inclusion and access, and demonstrated ability to work in a diverse higher education environment.
9. Promoting the success of all, and to reducing the barriers to success related to differences in areas such as race, ethnicity, culture, and disability.
10. Working collegially and collaboratively to meet the mission/goals of the University;
11. Excellence in teaching and learning;
12. Leadership acumen, including effective communications across boundaries, the ability to lead high functioning teams, and strong analytical skills including the ability to link evidence with desired outcomes.
13. Long-range enrollment management planning
14. Shaping strategic vision and planning processes and initiating organizational change with a collegial, responsive, and creative approach.
15. Undergraduate and graduate education;
16. Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills;
17. Supporting the varied goals of the university faculty and academic programs;
18. Managing a unionized workforce, subject to collective bargaining agreements;
19. Handling sensitive personnel issues with confidentiality.
20. Excellent organization and time management skills.
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to pass background checkPreferred Qualifications
21. Experience with and a commitment to a Liberal Arts education
22. Knowledge of the California State University System policies
23. Ability to represent the Provost effectively with senior management and with groups of faculty and students
24. Ability to create and maintain strong relationships within a multi-dimensional environment
25. Utmost discretion in dealing with confidential informationRequired Licenses/Certifications
N/A Documents Needed to Apply
Resume, Cover Letter, Diversity Statement About Sac State Sacramento State
is located in the heart of California's capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the "Farm-to-Fork Capital," is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State's 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: " As California's capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement. " As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy
, and campus safety
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code
, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State
? page. Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/internal/your-hr/benefits/disability-parental-leave.html#reasonable-accommodations-interactive-process
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/compliance/hr-compliance/mandatory-dhr-training.html
. Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union. COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information:
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Eligibility Verification
Selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency (i.e. H-1-B Visa). Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.Conflict of Interest:
The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, an on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled