Salary: $12.60 Hourly USD
The City of Chandler Community Services Department is currently seeking qualified individuals interested in joining our team as a Temp Lifeguard I. This is a part-time temporary, non-exempt position without benefits.
Closing Date: March 21, 2022
City of Chandler
Chandler, the fourth largest City in Arizona, is located in one of the fastest growing innovation and technology centers in the nation. Chandler is a vibrant, diverse, fiscally responsible community with a supportive business climate that attracts global industry leaders, exciting startups, talented workers and their families. In addition to being a great place to live, play and work our local hotels, resorts, golf courses, restaurants and ample shopping opportunities make Chandler one of Arizona's great vacation spots.
Who we are
The Community Services Department enhances the quality of life in Chandler through a vast provision of diverse and affordable educational and recreational experiences. We create community through people, parks, and programs. From connecting people to lifelong learning through community libraries to providing at least one Neighborhood Park per square mile of residential development to making play accessible for all ages. Our employees drive every decision, every innovation, and every aspect of our department culture to make Chandler a premiere community.
The Recreation Division champions everyday experiences that encourage the community to discover, imagine and grow. The cornerstone of every neighborhood, our innovative events, programs, and services strengthen community vitality and foster healthy, enriched lifestyles. Our employees play today for a better tomorrow.
Who we are looking for
Chandler Aquatics is seeking professional, self-motivated and energetic Lifeguards to join our team. We are looking for someone with the knowledge and skills to recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to the safety and well-being of our guests, as well as use excellent customer service skills to ensure quality experiences at our pools
• One year of high school; and
• Lifeguard Training certification; and
• Community first aid certification; and
• CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
• A swim test and rescue competency test will take place on Saturday, March 26, 2022;
• Applicants will be notified, via email, by the Aquatics Team as to the time and location of their test. The testing process will take approximately 1.5 to 3 hours to complete;
• Applicants must past the Skills Test to qualify for an oral interview.
• The City of Chandler conducts pre-employment drug screens and background checks. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful background and drug screen results.
• Applicants must be enrolled in a nationally recognized Lifeguarding Certification course or hold a current Lifeguarding Certification prior to May 1, 2022 ;
• Send all PDF copies of certifications to Jessica.Chamberlain@chandleraz.gov;
• If offered a position with The City of Chandler, you will be required to attend all mandatory training dates to uphold certification levels. Training dates will be announced at a later date.
To view the complete job description, please click here .
This is a part-time temporary position; A register of qualified candidates will be active for four (4) months should another position become available.
The City of Chandler conducts pre-employment drug screens and background checks for those applicants at least 18 years of age. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful background and drug screen results.
Applicants for employment and volunteer opportunities should be aware of the City of Chandler's policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City's Drug Free Workplace Policy. Certain positions within the City are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test. A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or volunteer opportunity.
The examination process may vary if determined necessary.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation.Closing Date/Time: 3/21/2022 12:00 AM Arizona