JOB POSTING NOTICE OF EXTERNAL JOB OPPORTUNITY
POSTING #KR-317-21E LOCATION:
ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT SECTION, CARSON FIELD OFFICEESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
To prepare construction schedules and cost estimates; and to conduct value engineering studies for a variety of complex and detailed facilities construction and alteration projects.JOB SUMMARY:
Typical job duties include preparing and updating detailed Critical Path Method (CPM) construction schedules using Primavera Project Planning and Scheduling software; analyzing contractor schedule submittals including review of work sequencing, work durations, cost loading and resource loading; monitoring schedule progress and reviews progress payment requests; preparing time impact analyses of changes and unforeseen events; reviewing delay, disruption and acceleration claims; setting project baselines and preparing layouts, reports, charts and graphs to depict contract progress and monitor key milestones and interface points; and performing related duties as required.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Applicant must possess all of the following:
- Five (5) years of experience in heavy construction cost estimating and scheduling, two years of which included responsibility for cost estimation, scheduling and bid preparation for large construction projects.
- A bachelor's degree related to engineering may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
- A valid California Class C driver license.
EXAMPLES OF ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
- Extensive experience using Primavera P6 scheduling software to create, review, and analyze construction schedules and time extensions requests.
- Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
The competitive selection process may cover:Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of the electrical, mechanical and structural construction trades.
- Engineering techniques and quantity mathematical calculations.
- Factors affecting materials and labor costs.
- Current material prices and wage scales of the construction trades.
- Read and interpret engineering plans and specifications.
- Use of Primavera Project Planning and Scheduling software.
- Perform quantity determinations of materials needed. Calculate cost estimates of material, labor and overhead for a variety of construction projects.
- Coordinate construction cost estimates with engineers and contractors.
- Prepare comprehensive and detailed reports of construction schedules, cost analyses and projections.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
This posting will remain open until current vacancy is filled and is subject to closure with out notice.Selection Process:
Applications and Supplemental Questionnaires will be reviewed and evaluated for relevant experience and/or coursework. Candidates considered to have the best qualifications will be invited to interview.
Please apply online at www.lacsd.org within the application period. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed LACSD Employment Application or online application. Check your email regularly throughout the recruitment process as notifications may be sent via e-mail. Please make sure that your registered email address is accurate and current. To ensure proper delivery add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.NOTE:
The individual(s) recommended for hire must undergo a job-related pre-employment physical, which includes a drug and alcohol test.TO APPLY:
Applications can now be completed and submitted online through the Sanitation Districts' website at www.lacsd.org . Please click on the "Employment Opportunities" link. By using the online application system you will receive confirmation via e-mail that your application was received for this position. If you do not have Internet access, you may submit a complete paper "Internal Application" within the application period shown above to the Employment Services Section (JAO, Room 109). All applications will be reviewed to determine if the conditions and qualifications for testing are met.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Districts strongly encourage qualified minorities, women and disabled persons to apply.
To learn more about how the Sanitation Districts converts waste in to resources, please visit the following video: Converting Waste Into Resources
Closing Date/Time: Continuous