Position Overview *The 14-day in-house notice is incorporated in this job announcement
The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy within the series of Combination Building Inspector in the Department of Community Development and Services. The department will consider and may hire a candidate who is qualified at any level in the series.
The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to six (6) months or up to (1) year depending on current employment status*. This is an open continuous recruitment, that may close without notice, and the assessments will occur on an ongoing basis.
Under general supervision, performs professional level work conducting inspections of the construction, alteration, or repair of buildings and other structures; initiates enforcement action; and performs related duties as assigned.
Click below to view a complete copy of the job description and physical requirements:
Combination Building Inspector
Combination Building Inspector 1
Combination Building Inspector 2
Combination Building Inspector 3 External candidates, probationary full-time, part-time, and temporary City of Henderson employees will start at the first step of the salary range.
Click here to learn more about the Department of Community Development and Services.
Click here to see what it's like to live in/visit Henderson. Minimum Qualifications REQUIRED AT ALL LEVELS WITHIN THE COMBINATION BUILDING INSPECTOR SERIES
ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED AT EACH LEVEL WITHIN THE COMBINATION BUILDING INSPECTOR SERIES
- Graduation from high school, or the equivalent
- Five (5) years of full-time professional experience in building trades which includes three (3) years of full-time experience performing inspections for a government or private agency, one (1) year of which must have included conducting commercial inspections.
- Desirable: Experience using inspection database software
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483
- Must possess the following certifications at the time of application:
- International Code Council (ICC) Residential Building Inspector
- International Code Council (ICC) Commercial Building Inspector
- International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) Electrical Inspector OR BOTH International Code Council (ICC) Residential Electrical Inspector AND International Code Council (ICC) Commercial Electrical Inspector
- International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) OR International Code Council (ICC) Mechanical Inspector
- International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) OR International Code Council (ICC) Plumbing Inspector
Combination Building Inspector (Hourly Pay Range: $39.41 - $45.12) - No additional certification requirements
Combination Building Inspector 1 (Hourly Pay Range: $40.20 - $46.03) - Must possess one (1) of the supplemental certifications listed below
Combination Building Inspector 2 (Hourly Pay Range: $41.00 - $46.95) - Must possess two (2) of the supplemental certifications listed below
Combination Building Inspector 3 (Hourly Pay Range: $41.82- $47.89) - Must possess all three (3) of the supplemental certifications listed below Supplemental Certifications :
Required Documents/Assessment Information DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:1)
- International Code Council (ICC) Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner
- International Code Council (ICC) Commercial Energy Inspector
- International Code Council (ICC) Residential Energy Inspector/Plans Examiner
Completed Employment Application2) *
Current International Code Council (ICC), International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI), and/or International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) Certifications as listed in the Minimum Qualifications 3)
* Current Supplemental Certifications (if applicable)
*Please attach your certificates to the "Attachments" section of your application, click here for attachment instructions. Applicants with ICC certifications may attach screenshots from the website with complete certificate information.ASSESSMENT DATES:
Oral Board Interview (Weighted 100%) - Dates to be determined
(Best Qualified Candidates)
Selection Interview - Dates to be determined
(Top Scoring Candidates)All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system. Please check your email and/or text messages on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on dates yet to be determined. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada and/or available via Microsoft Teams to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above. Selection Process
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department in writing at time of application.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a medical/physical examination including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
* NOTE TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES:
- Pursuant to the Teamsters collective bargaining agreement, regular full-time current employees successfully completing the testing process will be placed on an eligibility list to be used to fill vacancies in this classification for up to six (6) months.
- Probationary full-time, part-time and temporary employees who have worked at least three (3) continuous months with the CITY may apply for this recruitment. These employees and external candidates who successfully complete the testing process will be placed on separate lists, each of which may be used to fill vacancies for up to one (1) year. If the vacancy is not filled through promotion by full-time employees, the next opportunity for placement will be to hire qualified probationary full-time, regular part-time and temporary employees.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous