Description:Salary and Benefits
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $3,600.00/month to $4,495.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
Accessibility Services (A.S.) provides students with disabilities academic support services, counseling, education/community resources and strategies necessary to provide them with an accessible education experience, as prescribed by section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
The purpose of this position is to coordinate the provision of sign language interpreting/transliterating, real-time captioning, and other related support services for students, faculty, staff and guests of the campus who are Deaf, hard-of-hearing, or deaf-blind.
This is a temporary, full-time position through June 30, 2022, with the possibility of reappointment. Responsibilities
Coordinate interpreting/transliterating, real-time captioning and other related support service provisions for campus consumers who are Deaf, hard-of-hearing, or deaf-blind.
- Prior to each term, proactively schedule service providers taking into consideration consumers' needs and preferences, and the service providers' skills.
- Respond to service providers' requests for assignment preparation time and materials.
- Arrange for substitute service providers, as needed, in a timely manner, by prioritizing the utilization of CSUEB hourly service providers over agency service providers.
- Work closely with faculty to confirm course schedule and modality, and notify service providers of changes.
- Communicate with faculty regarding the protocols for breakout rooms when service providers are involved in remote courses.
- When needed, ensure Zoom links are created and shared with faculty, service providers, and students for assignments.
- Maintain contact with local, regional, and national interpreting and captioning agencies, as well as professional organizations of each to enhance recruiting and keep abreast of industry standards.
- Work closely with ITS on emerging technology needed to support remote provision of interpreting and real-time captioning services.
- Conduct orientations for newly hired service providers on all related responsibilities including time reporting.
- Gather, maintain, and submit accurate and current data on service provision for monthly reports, and as requested by supervisor/Director.
- Analyze data to create budget projections. Review budget quarterly and keep Director apprised of needed revisions.
- Due to the volume of students, we are creating a separate email account and calendar for real-time captioning. The incumbent will be attending to both accounts.
- Actively recruit, hire, and train service providers as necessary.
- Update service providers' qualifications, certifications, trainings, skill level, and knowledge/background each term, or as needed. Maintain this data in an electronic document on Google Drive.
- Track time worked for all service providers and approve respective timesheets in a timely manner each pay period.
- Update service provider guidelines, as needed or requested.
- Verify vendor invoices and submit for payment within five business days of receipt.
- Track vendor invoices on shared Invoice Tracking spreadsheet. If balance of funds become less than projected need, notify supervisor immediately.
- Maintain program desk manual, as needed.
- Experience and fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with diverse student, faculty, staff, and community members
- Some higher education work experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Google Applications (Calendar, Drive, Mail, etc.)
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with competing priorities
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of university infrastructure, policies, and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broad range of technology and systems
- Ability to handle multiple work unit priorities and projects
- Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist
- Ability to draft and compose professional level correspondence and standard reports
- Ability to handle effectively a broad range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature
- Ability to respond to routine inquiries and explain standard policies and procedures to others
- Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions.
- Ability to effectively maintain and navigate spreadsheets
Requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require a knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience. Preferred Skills and Knowledge
Condition(s) of Employment
- BA/BS in related field
- Equivalent to two years of experience working in higher education
- Knowledge of sign language
- Knowledge of Deaf culture
- Familiarity with sign language interpreting and real-time captioning
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department. CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat. com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled