Description:Assistant or Associate Professor of Management College of Business Extended - Priority Screening Date is December 18, 2021
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement
, California State University, Monterey Bay
(CSUMB) is a mid-sized comprehensive baccalaureate and masters granting university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives through a focus on student success and engagement through project-based learning, service learning in its regional community, and the promotion of multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond campus. CSUMB is both a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and has a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,400 students.
The university's Strategic Plan
prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in the development of a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators. CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral by 2030. The university's faculty and staff, many of whom live in the East Campus housing development, appreciate living and working so close to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below market rate campus housing and competitive salaries for faculty and staff.
In 2013, the President of the University formed the College of Business with one of the primary goals being the pursuit of accreditation by AACSB International. In 2015, the College of Business moved into a new state-of-the-art building to serve its more than 1,000 undergraduate students enrolled in two B.S. degree programs: 1) Business Administration and 2) Sustainable Hospitality Management. The online MBA has over 200 graduate students and is the largest graduate program on campus. The College of Business also hosts the Institute for Innovation & Economic Development (iiED) and is a partner in the Small Business Development Center. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching 8 credits per semester for the first two years and thereafter teaching 12 credits per semester of undergraduate and graduate level courses, drawn from one or more of the following areas of Management: Strategy, International Business, Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior and/or Human Resource Management.
- Facilitating engaged learning to promote student success in an outcomes-based education environment.
- Contributing to continuous improvement in undergraduate and graduate curriculum design and delivery.
- Demonstrating research productivity and maintaining Scholarly Academic (SA) status consistent with AACSB standards through continuous scholarly activities.
- Participating actively and exercising collaborative peer leadership in college-level and university-level administrative committees.
- Using academic training and experience to serve the profession and the public and to contribute to the CSUMB Vision.
- Mentoring students and supporting their career goals, such as through introductions and referrals to relevant firms.
- Ph.D. in Management or a related field by the time of appointment from a regionally and/or AACSB accredited doctoral program.
- Sensitivity working effectively in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community and business community.
- Commitment to teaching excellence at the undergraduate level and the potential to teach at the graduate level.
- Ability to teach a range of Management courses effectively in various delivery modalities (face-to-face, hybrid, fully online).
- Ability, demonstrated by publications and other evidence, to regularly publish research in relevant peer-reviewed journals.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues.
- Ability to work with the business community and community organizations to further the goals of the students, college, and university.
- Ability to teach a variety of courses related to Management.
- Since CSUMB's business community is composed in large part of agriculture, hospitality, startups and small businesses, knowledge and experience with any of these stakeholders are preferred.
- Since CSUMB is dedicated to service learning and community engagement, knowledge and experience in community engagement are preferred, especially in terms of reaching historically underrepresented minority populations.
- Ability to link instructional, programmatic and/or research activities to the College of Business focus on Responsible Business and/or other strategic initiatives of the College.
- Experience teaching technology-assisted courses.
- Work experience in business.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in professional or academic areas.
- Type of Appointment: Full-Time, Tenure-Track
- Classification: Academic Year Faculty
- Collective Bargaining Unit: R03
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding health, dental & vision plans; a fee waiver education program; and membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). For more information, visit: CSU Benefits Summary
. Additionally, University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability, visit: Employee Housing
. SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083
as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Education's Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California's Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
Working in the State of California is a condition of employment.
There are components of this job which are deemed essential on campus. This position will primarily work on the main campus, with occasional work from home. This position requires working on campus with students. The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. In the fall, students, faculty, staff, and the community can expect that masks will be required and that the appropriate degree of social distancing will be in place in all areas based on evolving guidance. Additionally, all students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to be vaccinated before coming to campus. All community members who work or attend class on campus should expect to participate in a random or periodic testing system. CSUMB will communicate more information about vaccination requirements and testing protocols when the details become available. PRIORITY SCREENING DATE:
12/18/2021 - Extended APPOINTMENT DATE:
Fall 2022 APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application and submit required documents by the priority screening date found at csumb.edu/jobs
. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University, and the position remains open until filled. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- A statement of research and teaching interests
- A published work or working paper that best represents your current research profile
- Teaching evaluations
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. GENERAL INFORMATION
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled