The City of Los Altos is a unique blend of a small village with tree-lined streets and the influence of the Bay. The mission of our city staff, council, commissions, committees, and volunteers is to foster and maintain the City of Los Altos as a great place to live and to raise a family. The City will be opening the new Los Altos Community Center, including a Community Room, three multipurpose rooms, meeting rooms, a catering kitchen, and dedicated spaces for seniors, teens and preschool programs. The 24,000 square foot and LEED gold equivalent facility is scheduled to open on October 4, 2021. The Department
The Recreation Department is a fun and dynamic team who enjoys making a difference in the Los Altos Community! Our team is small, but mighty and each member of our team is vital to our success as an organization. Come be a part of our passionate, positive, and innovative team. The Position
The Facility Attendant will be responsible for opening and closing various City Activities, setting up/ taking down rooms for outside rental groups and events. Essential Duties
- Checks facility use schedules and is present to renters during events
- Prepares, opens and closes facilities for reservations, programs, special events and public use
- Monitors facility user groups by enforcing rules and regulations, and securing and/or reporting damage or unsafe conditions
- Serves as primary contact for evening and weekend events, responding to customer questions and ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide customer service during events, answering questions and resolving problems
EDUCATION: Graduation from high school, or equivalent Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Principles and practices for providing quality customer service; safety procedures and protocols; supporting facilities and events
- Use computer equipment for documents, templates, and controls systems
- Practice positive and effective oral communication with customers, outside contacts, and all levels of employees
Temporary employees are non-benefited, at-will positions. Since the City does not participate in Social Security and is required to provide an alternative retirement plan, you are required to participate in the City's defined contribution retirement plan through Nationwide where 3.75% of your gross compensation per pay period is deducted and put into the plan. The City matches this 3.75% for a total contribution of 7.5% of your gross compensation per pay period. COMPENSATION:
This is a part-time, temporary position. Approximately 20-25 hours per week.
$16.00.00 to $20.00 hourly DOE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The recruitment will remain open until the position is filled. Prior to hire, candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment process, including a live scan background investigation. A conviction history will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from appointment; however, failure to disclose a conviction will result in disqualification or termination.
Click Here for the Full Job Description