California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is looking for Lab Assistants to join our collaborative multidisciplinary team at San Quentin State Prison. If you are seeking the stability of employment with the State of California, consider advancing your laboratory career with us In addition to applicable CA certification, you must possess documentation of COVID-19 vaccination or medical/religious exemption.
In this key position, you will:
- Collect, process or prepare laboratory specimens, materials, supplies and operate specialized laboratory equipment
- Perform related duties consistent with the Phlebotomist scope of practice such as the operation of laboratory centrifuges, incubators, and refrigerators/freezers
- Work with laboratory information computer system and/or institution information system
- Ensure specimens are correctly labeled to send to the laboratory for testing
- Call for specimen pickup and documents on logs
To thrive in this position, you must have either:
- Six months of professional laboratory experience, or
- Completion of a formalized training program of at least three months' duration, and
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician I or II certificate issued by the State of California (includes $125 monthly pay differential)
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- 40-hour workweek
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
- A variety of medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Robust 401(k) and 457 savings plans
- And much more
Take the first step toward joining this outstanding team and apply online today!
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.