CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision and guidance of the Donor and Member Services Supervisor, the Donor and Member Services Associate is responsible for recording and processing donation, event, and membership transactions into the constituent database, Raiser's Edge. The incumbent is responsible for daily gift, event registration, and membership entries.
• Processes daily gift batches and prepares all batches for posting.
• Generating gift receipts and adds and updates biographical information in constituent records in accordance with policy and procedure guides.
• Ensures data entry is accurate, complete, and current and works closely with other Resource Management colleagues on special projects related to database integrity.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3COO0sH
• Equivalent to four (4) years of full-time, general office clerical and administrative support experience that has provided the applicant with the knowledge and abilities listed.
• Equivalent to full-time college or university education/vocational school training in business or job-related field may be substituted for up to two (2) years of the required experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; office methods, procedures, and practices; and university infrastructure, policies, and procedures. Knowledge of gift processing standards, policies and procedures, as well as working knowledge of IRS regulations and CASE standards within higher education.
• Ability and specialized skills to: coordinate many different administrative duties; interpret and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures; set deadlines, priorities, and complete projects accordingly; draft and prepare memoranda and correspondence.
• Ability to keep moderately complex records and files; screen mail, telephone calls, and visitors; maintain confidential files; perform standard business math, track financial data, and make simple projections. Ability to exercise sound judgement with attention to detail to audit the data received. Ability to determine donor intent and address any special requests which need to be relayed to department leadership.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; and operate standard office equipment and software. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification: 1035 / ASC
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3064 -$3500, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3064 -$5148 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• This job opening has been re-posted and will remain OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California